At the turn of the century, Portland was on the move and the streetcar was the vehicle. Streetcar lines radiated eastward from downtown and … Keep Reading ››
82nd Avenue of Roses
82nd Avenue is Portland’s longest continual commercial strip. Unpaved as late as 1920, the street is East Portland’s major north-south transportation corridor, running from the Clackamas County line to the Portland Airport. Now home to diverse communities and more than 2,000 businesses, 82nd Avenue continues to develop as a destination for visitors and residents alike.
Did You Know?
- Fubonn Shopping Center (2850 SE 82nd Ave) is the largest Asian shopping center in Oregon.
- Eastport Plaza (4000 SE 82nd Ave) opened in 1960 with the longest covered mall in the Pacific Northwest.
- Since 1947, Al’s Shoes & Boots (5811 SE 82nd Ave) has fitted Portlanders with a variety of sizes including oversize and extra wide.
Signature Annual Events
- 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade (April)
- Around the World in 82 Dishes (August)