Oregon’s historic wildfires continue to test communities already spread thin by a year of hardships. Across Portland, neighborhood businesses made the decision to protect their … Keep Reading ››
SE Foster Road, named after pioneer farmer Philip Foster, started as a farm to market route. Today the street is still home to 'mobile' food, with Carts on Foster (5205 SE Foster Rd) and Portland Mercado (7238 SE Foster Rd) at the north and south ends of the district, creating a vibrant place to dine, shop and play.
Did You Know?
- Foster Road is home to An Xuyen Bakery (5345 SE Foster Rd) which has made baked goods, including moon cakes and guava cookies, with traditional Vietnamese, Chinese and French ingredients since 1995.
- The Portland Mercado (7238 SE Foster Rd) opened in 2015 and features a diverse variety of Latin American food carts, a grocery store, a butcher shop, a coffee roaster and a commissary kitchen.
- Since 1990 I've Been Framed (4950 SE Foster Rd) has provided Portland artists with framing services and art supplies.
- Tango Berretin (6305 SE Foster Rd) is owned by world famous tango dancer Alex Krebs, who has taught tango lessons all over the world since 1998.
Signature Annual Events
- #FosterFaves (June)
- Foster Tasting Tour (July)
- Foster Forward/Winterfest (December)