The challenge is on! On April 7, Commissioner Nick Fish challenged Portland neighborhood businesses to convert 1,000 single-stall restrooms to all-user restrooms by Labor Day … Keep Reading ››
SE Milwaukie Avenue was designated 'Brookland' in the 1850's. After the railroad arrived in the 1860's the business district changed its name to Brooklyn. Today the Greater Brooklyn Business District is home to the Aladdin Theater (3017 SE Milwaukie Ave) which has operated continuously since opening as a vaudeville house in the 1920's.
- PO Box 42411 | Portland, OR 97242
Did You Know?
- SE Milwaukie Avenue is home to the Aladdin Theater (3017 SE Milwaukie Ave) which opened as a vaudville house in the 1920s. It is now an award-winning music venue.
- Edelweiss Sausage and Delicatessen (3119 SE 12th Ave) has been offering handmade sausages and specialty European foods since 1981.
- Know Thy Food (3434 SE Milwaukie Ave) is a farm-direct networking project that connects local farmers and food producers with environmentally conscious consumers.
- Classic Pianos (3003 SE Milwaukie Ave) has furnished pianos for famous pianists Chic Corea, Benny Green, Eric Himy, George Winston as well as The Oregon Symphony Orchestra.