Giving Tuesday is here and business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events, and everything … Keep Reading ››
SE Hawthorne Boulevard was the site of Oregon's first mental hospital and originally named 'Asylum Avenue'. Since the early 1900's the Hawthorne Blvd Business District, stretching from SE 12th to 60th Avenues, has been a destination for eclectic shops, designer and retro clothing, distinctive restaurants, nightlife and neighborhood services.
Did You Know?
- Since 1927, the Bagdad Theater has been an icon of Portland’s vibrant and eclectic Hawthorne Boulevard and is even a stop on the Hawthorne Ghost Tour.
- Founded in 1854, Holman’s Funeral Service (2610 SE Hawthorne Blvd), located in the Burrell Mansion, is Oregon’s second oldest business.
- Hawthorne is home to a variety of vintage clothing and furniture stores including Naked City (3730 SE Hawthorne Blvd), Vintage Pink (2500 SE Hawthorne Blvd) and Asylum (3713 SE Hawthorne Blvd).
- 3 Doors Down (1429 SE 37th Ave) has served up traditional Italian cuisine with a French flair since 1994 and features a wine list with 150 locally produced, national and international bottles.
- Hawthorne Boulevard is a Sustaining Member of Venture Portland.
Signature Annual Events
- Street Fair (August)
- Tree Lighting (December)