The challenge is on! On April 7, Commissioner Nick Fish challenged Portland neighborhood businesses to convert 1,000 single-stall restrooms to all-user restrooms by Labor Day … Keep Reading ››
Hillsdale Business District, defined by SW Capitol Highway's distinctive 1950's architecture, features the family-owned Hillsdale Shopping Center which was built on a former dairy farm. Today the Center houses a grocery co-op, restaurants and boutiques.
- PO Box 80885 | Portland, OR 97280
Did You Know?
- SW Capitol Highway is home to Baker & Spice (6330 SW Capitol Hwy) which has turned out traditional and seasonal bread and pastry since 1998. A sister shop, SweetWares (6306 SW Capitol Hwy), provides home baking supplies and classes.
- Paloma Clothing (6316 SW Capitol Hwy) has provided clothing, jewelry and accessories in Hillsdale for more than 30 years.
- The family-owned Sasquatch Brewpub (6440 SW Capitol Hwy) uses local and sustainable ingredients in their handcrafted ales and food.
- Haircolor Salon Dirk (1517 SW Sunset Blvd) was the first Certified Sustainable Business in Hillsdale.
Signature Annual Events
- Pancake Breakfast and Book Sale (July)