98% of Portland’s 19,200 neighborhood businesses have 5 or fewer employees but provide more than 270,000 jobs. These small businesses create and keep more local … Keep Reading ››
Situated roughly 'midway' between Portland's Willamette River and Mt. Hood, the Midway Business District stretches from I-205 to SE 174th Avenue. In the shadow of Powell Butte, this diverse district is home to more than 1,000 businesses and the Midland Library (805 SE 122nd Ave) which opened in 1958 and is the second busiest branch of Portland's library system.
Did You Know?
- Family-owned Curtis Trailers (10177 SE Powell Blvd), which has sold RVs since 1948, is located on SE Powell Blvd.
- Adorned in Grace Design Studio (12135 SE Lincoln St) is a non-profit organization that teaches teenage girls how to re-purpose and redesign donated gowns into fun garments, accessories and gifts.
- Bill’s Pizza Baron (2604 SE 122nd Ave) has been dishing up handmade pizzas for more than 30 years including a giant 36 inch pie.
- Since 1986 Day Chiropractic (3758 SE 122nd Ave) has provided Portlanders with chiropractic care, nutritional counseling and massage therapy.
Signature Annual Events
- Business to Buttes (April)
- Grow Midway Passport (May)
- Holiday Get Together (December)