Being homebound over the last year has resulted in a lot of us trying to catch up on our reading. Bookstores hold a special place … Keep Reading ››
Historic Mississippi Ave
N Mississippi Avenue, once home to the Clackamas Indians, has a rich cultural heritage. The district’s African American population increased dramatically in the 1950's after the Vanport flood. Today, the Historic Mississippi Avenue Business District's hip and funky merchants offer everything from quirky cocktails to living art and locally designed children's toys.
Did You Know?
- Paxton Gate (4204 N. Mississippi Ave) been featured in Sunset Magazine, Thrillist and The Guardian and was the setting for an episode of Portlandia starring Jeff Goldblum.
- Black Wagon (3964 N Mississippi Ave) offers a handpicked selection of children's clothes, toys, books, bedding and décor from local and independent designers.
- Visitors from across the globe visit Pistils Nursery (3811 N. Mississippi Ave) to explore their gardens and shop for plants, house-made living art pieces and home wares.
Signature Annual Events
- Street Fair (July)
- Trick or Treat on Mississippi Ave (October)
- Small Business Saturday on Mississippi Ave (November)