Seasons greetings Portland! Neighborhood business districts are gearing up for festive events and shopping deals to make your holidays merry and bright. To make it … Keep Reading ››
Historic Mississippi Ave
N Mississippi Avenue, once home to the Clackamas Indians, has a rich cultural heritage. The district’s African American population increased dramatically in the 1950's after the Vanport flood. Today, the Historic Mississippi Avenue Business District's hip and funky merchants offer everything from quirky cocktails to living art and locally designed children's toys.
Did You Know?
- Paxton Gate (4204 N. Mississippi Ave) been featured in Sunset Magazine, Thrillist and The Guardian and was the setting for an episode of Portlandia starring Jeff Goldblum.
- Black Wagon (3964 N Mississippi Ave) offers a handpicked selection of children's clothes, toys, books, bedding and décor from local and independent designers.
- Mr. Green Beans (3908 N. Mississippi Ave) provides high quality raw coffee beans, home coffee roasters, brewing equipment and roasting classes for the coffee enthusiast.
- Visitors from across the globe visit Pistils Nursery (3811 N. Mississippi Ave) to explore their gardens and shop for plants, house-made living art pieces and home wares.
Signature Annual Events
- Street Fair (July)
- Trick or Treat on Mississippi Ave (October)
- Holiday Passport Shopping Promotion and Tree Lighting (November/December)