Neighborhood businesses have always given back to their communities. Portland’s neighborhood businesses provide half the jobs in the City and contribute to local causes twice … Keep Reading ››
The SW Capitol Highway district originally developed around an Oregon Electric Railway depot in 1909. Today the Multnomah Village Business District offers everything from books to clothing and toys to a diverse array of food and drink options all within an easily walkable core.
Did You Know?
- Thinker Toys (7784 SW Capitol Hwy), family-owned since 1994, occupies the largest single retail space in Multnomah Village.
- Since 1978, Annie Bloom’s Books (7834 SW Capitol Hwy) has provided Multnomah Village with a broad range of book titles across many genres.
- The Lucky Labrador Public House (7675 SW Capitol Hwy) is in the former home of the Orenomah Chapter No. 141’s Freemasons Lodge, built in 1925.
- Marco's Café (7910 SW 35th Ave) is a local favorite for American dishes and cocktails while Tastebud (7783 SW Capitol Hwy) serves up wood fired pizzas, bread, lamb chops and poussins.
Signature Annual Events
- Multnomah Days (August)
- Halloween in the Village (October)
- Golden Ticket Shop Local Program and Holiday Gala (November-December)