Did you know Portland is home to over 300 live music venues, 5 indie radio stations, and over 20,000 recording and performing artists? That is … Keep Reading ››
NW 23rd Avenue was named one of America’s Best Shopping Secrets by U.S. News and World Report. Northwest District is home to many of the city’s top restaurants, memorable accommodations and eclectic shopping nestled among the tree-lined sidewalks.
Did You Know?
- Betsy and Iya (1777 NW 24th Ave) makes their jewelry in their Northwest District shop and studio and created the annual Little Boxes city wide shopping promotion in 2011.
- The family-owned Mudpuddles Toys (2305 NW Kearney St) has been delighting children since 1989.
- Cinema 21 (616 NW 21st Ave) opened in 1925 as the State Theater. Today it hosts the city’s annual Queer Film Festival.
- 23 Hoyt (529 NW 23rd Ave) offers seasonal New American plates with craft cocktails and was named one of Esquire magazine's 'Best New Restaurants'.
Signature Annual Events
- Wearin' of the Green (March)
- Halloween in Northwest (October)
- Celebrate the Season of Joy (December)