This Sunday, October 1st (!!!), is National Coffee Day, but it is just business as usual for Portlanders, who have taken pride in their locally … Keep Reading ››
NW 23rd Avenue was named one of America’s Best Shopping Secrets by U.S. News and World Report. Northwest District is home to many of the city’s top restaurants, memorable accommodations and eclectic shopping nestled among the tree-lined sidewalks.
Did You Know?
- Betsy and Iya (1777 NW 24th Ave) makes their jewelry in their Northwest District shop and studio and created the annual Little Boxes city wide shopping promotion in 2011.
- The family-owned Mudpuddles Toys (2305 NW Kearney St) has been delighting children since 1989.
- Cinema 21 (616 NW 21st Ave) opened in 1925 as the State Theater. Today it hosts the city’s annual Queer Film Festival.
Signature Annual Events
- Wearin' of the Green (March)
- Halloween in Northwest (October)
- Celebrate the Season of Joy (December)