Venture Portland’s Spring/Summer 2019 grant applications are now available! Economic Development Grants: $5,000-$10,000 (maximum award)Benchmark Grants: $3,000-$4,000 (maximum award)Catalytic Grant: District Staffing Kickstarter: $2,000 (maximum … Keep Reading ››
NE Broadway was originally one of Portland's 'streetcar suburbs' in the early 20th century. Today this busy strip of locally-owned restaurants and shops borders three historic neighborhoods and offers 'Everything for Everyday'.
Did You Know?
- NE Broadway’s Helen Bernhard Bakery (1717 NE Broadway) was established in 1924. Today the bakery is well-known for half-price cakes, cookies and pies on Sundays.
- Great Wine Buys (1515 NE Broadway), open since 1985, is one of Portland’s oldest continuously operating wine shops.
- Opened in 1989, the Cadillac Café (1801 NE Broadway) features pink walls, Art Deco décor and a driveable 1961 pink Cadillac.
- Cotton Cloud (701 NE Broadway) has been making natural beds and furniture since 1981 while Natural Furniture (800 NE Broadway St) has been selling locally made eco-friendly furniture since 1975.
Signature Annual Events
- Broadway Backstage Tour: Health and Wellness (April)
- Summer Super Sale (July)
- Ladies Night Out (December)