The Venture Portland Fall/Winter 2017-2018 Grant Applications are now available! *NEW* Catalytic Grant: Corporate Infrastructure Improvement: $1,000 (maximum award)*NEW* Catalytic Grant: District Staffing Kickstarter: $2,000 … Keep Reading ››
The NW Industrial District hosted the Lewis and Clark Exposition in 1905. Today the district is one of four industrial sanctuaries in Portland and is limited to industrial uses. The Northwest Industrial Neighborhood has the smallest population of all of Portland’s 95 neighborhoods.
Did You Know?
- Gunderson (4350 NW Front Ave), which builds and repairs railroad freight cars and marine barges, started in 1919 as Wirewheel Sales and Service.
- Portland Brewing Company (2730 NW 31st Ave) has been crafting quality beer since 1986, including their flagship Amber Ale.
- In the 1880s the Northern Pacific Railroad built the Guild’s Lake Rail Yard. Today, the area’s rail switching facilities move freight in and out of the district.
- Many of Portland's most popular businesses have distribution centers in NW Industrial including Powells Books and Grand Central Bakery.
Signature Annual Events
- Holiday Food Drive (December)