Holy mole! National Margarita Day was on Monday, February 22nd and is a reminder that despite the recent snow flurry, warmer weather is on the … Keep Reading ››
This historic NW neighborhood was the original urban core of Portland and today boasts the 2nd largest concentration of cast-iron buildings in the United States. The Old Town Business District contains such notable attractions as the Portland Saturday Market, Lan Su Chinese Gardens and Skidmore Fountain which is Portland's oldest work of public art dating back to 1888.
Did You Know?
- Old Town is home to some of Portland's most beloved attractions: Voodoo Doughnuts (22 SW 3rd Ave), Portland Saturday Market, Union Station and Lan Su Chinese Garden (239 NW Everett St).
- Old Town Pizza (226 NW Davis St), located in the lobby of the former Merchant Hotel (built in 1880) is home to a resident ghost named Nina. She is often seen by customers wearing a black dress, observing diners and wandering the basement below.
- Old Town is exploding with creative and tech companies, including Airbnb, Squarespace, ThinkShout, OpenSesame, Lytics, Athletepath, Netop, Acquia, and others.
- Originally built in 1881 as lodging for sailors, The Society Hotel (203 NW 3rd Ave) was restored to its former glory in 2015 and now provides historic accommodation for travelers of all types.
Signature Annual Events
- Creative Arts Festival (September)
- Winter Social (December)