Venture Portland’s Spring/Summer 2019 grant applications are now available! Economic Development Grants: $5,000-$10,000 (maximum award)Benchmark Grants: $3,000-$4,000 (maximum award)Catalytic Grant: District Staffing Kickstarter: $2,000 (maximum … Keep Reading ››
Williams District is one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing districts in Portland. In recent years, the area has seen massive development, an influx of new residents and businesses and Portland’s busiest bike lane. There's plenty of innovation in the air as businesses and residents work together to honor the history of this unique area and embrace the changes that continue to shape its future.
Did You Know?
- Ristretto Roasters (3808 N Williams Ave) roasts coffee every day at its Williams District location. The coffee is then distributed to cafes, restaurants, local markets and mail-order customers around the world.
- Family-owned Speilwerk Toys (3808 N Williams Ave) features playthings from Europe and local crafters and is working on a Portland-made line of toys.
- Hopworks Bike Bar (3947 N Williams Ave) takes 'bike friendly' to a new level with 75 bike parking spaces, bike tools for use, bike-friendly take-out specials and Plug-Out exercycles that generate electricity for the bar.
- New Seasons Market (3445 N Williams Ave) uses the same sausage recipe as the butcher shop that once occupied the site in the 1940's.
Read our District Spotlight to learn more about this district!
Signature Annual Events
- Walk Williams (2nd Wednesdays)
- Shop Williams Late (December)