Being homebound over the last year has resulted in a lot of us trying to catch up on our reading. Bookstores hold a special place … Keep Reading ››
Williams District is one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing districts in Portland. In recent years, the area has seen massive development, an influx of new residents and businesses and Portland’s busiest bike lane. There's plenty of innovation in the air as businesses and residents work together to honor the history of this unique area and embrace the changes that continue to shape its future.
Did You Know?
- Ristretto Roasters (3808 N Williams Ave) roasts coffee every day at its Williams District location. The coffee is then distributed to cafes, restaurants, local markets and mail-order customers around the world.
- Family-owned Speilwerk Toys (3808 N Williams Ave) features playthings from Europe and local crafters and is working on a Portland-made line of toys.
- Eem (3947 N Williams Ave) combines Southern Thai Cuisine with Texas BBQ into a mouthwatering combination that won The Oregonian's 'Restaurant of the Year' in 2019.
- New Seasons Market (3808 N Williams Ave) uses the same sausage recipe as the butcher shop that once occupied the site in the 1940's.
Read our District Spotlight to learn more about this district!
Signature Annual Events
- Trick or Treat on Williams (October)
- Williams Gives (December)
- Shop Williams Late (December)