Great deals, bright lights and holiday fun await in neighborhood business districts city wide this weekend. Kick off the festivities on Thursday, 12/6 with some … Keep Reading ››
Catalytic Grant: Corporate Infrastructure Improvement
Volunteer-run organizations depend on stability to maintain programming and remain legal and sustainable. Venture Portland is offering Catalytic grant funds to help districts implement corporate infrastructure improvements that protect board members and ensure that districts meet the requirements of state and federal governments.
Key components of infrastructure include:
- Non-profit Status (501(c)3, 501(c)6): IRS tax exemption designation for business associations; especially important for districts with revenue of $50,000 or more.
- Insurance (Directors and Officers, Liability): protects board members from legal action brought for alleged wrongful acts during their service to the organization.
- Articles of Incorporation: filed with the State of Oregon and cover mission, corporation type, dissolution and fiscal year.
- Bylaws: how your organization runs including members, directors, officers, elections, voting, meetings, committees, etc. These should be reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Policies: day-to-day actions including anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, confidentiality, conflict of interest, whistleblower, etc.
Corporate Infrastructure Improvement Grant Application, Guidelines and Resources
- Spring/Summer 2019 Corporate Infrastructure Improvement Grant Applications and Guidelines will be released on 2/1/19!
- Business District Annual Check-up (Fillable PDF)