This week Venture Portland awarded $63,668 to fund 13 Fall/Winter Grant Projects in Portland’s neighborhood business districts city wide. Projects range from retail-focused holiday events … Keep Reading ››
Economic Development Grants
These large annual grants (up to $10,000/each) are available in the Fall/Winter cycle. Grant funds must be matched with private investment (cash). Eligible projects must show quantifiable results of economic development during the grant cycle (jobs/businesses created or retained, neighborhood business revenue growth, etc.). Business districts may not apply for both a Benchmark grant and an Economic Development grant in the same cycle.
Economic Development Grant Resources
2018-2019 Economic Development Applications and Guidelines will be released Spring 2019!
Benchmark Achievement and Economic Development
Business districts should assess their readiness to be able to accomplish economic development. Business districts that have demonstrated benchmark success are in the best position to build on their track record and are more likely to have strong programs and assets in place to leverage economic development activities. Benchmark achievement is one of Venture Portland’s long-term strategic priorities, with a goal of 2 benchmarks achieved by each neighborhood business district before the conclusion of FY 19-20. Use the Benchmarking Success Tool (PDF Fillable Form) to identify benchmark progress and complete the appropriate form(s) below with your Economic Development Grant application.
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – Membership (Word)
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – Signature Event (Word)
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – Website (Word)
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – District Identity (Word)
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – Collateral (Word)
- Business District Benchmark Achievement Form – Marketing (Word)