At the turn of the century, Portland was on the move and the streetcar was the vehicle. Streetcar lines radiated eastward from downtown and … Keep Reading ››
As business district Presidents, you’re a driving economic force and wield substantial political clout in our great city. We want to celebrate your collective power and help you make neighborhood businesses even stronger!
The Presidents Council is an exclusive gathering of business district Presidents. Join us for breakfast to network, share experiences with peers, strengthen your leadership skills and plot the future of your district and Portland’s economy.
- 9/20/17 – Committees and Better Board Function
- How to use board committees effectively
- 12/6/17 – Quarterback, Coach, Mentor, Boss: Successfully Supervising Staff
- Experiences, tools and ideas for supervising district staff
- 3/7/18 – The Secret of My Succession: Grooming the Next Leader
- Planning for smooth transitions
- 5/2/18 – It Ain’t Always Roses and Rainbows: Managing Conflict
- Tools for handling both internal and external conflict
The Presidents Council occurs quarterly at Venture Portland (1125 SE Madison, Suite 112) from 8-9:30am. Attendance is free and breakfast is provided.