Neighborhood businesses have always given back to their communities. Portland’s neighborhood businesses provide half the jobs in the City and contribute to local causes twice … Keep Reading ››
As a staffer, you know that the business of Portland is about more than just business. It’s about people, neighborhoods and culture. You’ve put your heart and soul into transforming the business districts that bind our city together. It’s a labor of love – and most of the time you go it alone.
The Staffer Lunch is a bi-monthly gathering of the staff who work for neighborhood business districts. Join us to network, share ideas with and learn from peers, strategize and navigate working with a diverse set of businesses and boards of directors.
- 9/21/16 – Members! Managing Systems & Empowering Volunteers
- Get your membership ducks in a row
- 11/16/16 – 15 Minutes of Fame: Earning Positive News Coverage
- Bring media attention to your district
- 2/15/17 – “How Am I Doing?” Annual Reviews With Your Board + Grants Office Hours
- Help the annual review process go smoothly
- 3/15/17 – People, Data and Districts: Telling Your Story
- Become a pro at conveying the impact of your work
- 5/17/17 – Who’s Leading Who? Mastering the Staff/Board Dance
- Strengthen relationships with your district’s leaders
Staffer Lunches are held at Venture Portland (1125 SE Madison, Suite 112) from 12-1:30pm. Attendance is free* and lunch is provided.