Neighborhood businesses have always given back to their communities. Portland’s neighborhood businesses provide half the jobs in the City and contribute to local causes twice … Keep Reading ››
See also: Trustee, Steward, Financial Maven, Numbers Wizard, Exchequer, Bookkeeper, Check-writer
As business district Treasurers, you collectively manage more than $750,000/year in business district financial investment which drives Portland’s economy. You’re in charge of fiscal controls, financial oversight, paying the bills and tracking revenue. We want to help you!
The Treasurers Roundtable is an exclusive quarterly gathering of business district Treasurers. Join us for lunch to network, share knowledge and strengthen your leadership skills and financial systems.
- 9/29/16 – Money Makes the World Go ‘Round: Managing Members
- Build systems for tracking membership
- 12/1/16 – Balancing the Books: Business District Budgets
- Help your district create an annual budget
- 2/23/17 – Eyes on the Prize: Internal Controls & Fraud Prevention
- Protect yourself and your association
- 6/1/17 – The Buck Stops Here: Annual Training
- Master your legal responsibilities as Treasurer
The Treasurers Interest Group meets four times per year at Venture Portland (1125 SE Madison, Suite 112) from 12-1:30pm. Attendance is free and lunch is provided.