Thank You Heather Hoell for 10 Years of Service to Neighborhood Businesses In December we said goodbye and good luck to Heather Hoell, who faithfully … Keep Reading ››
4 Days. 13 Holiday Events. 1 Festive Weekend!
Great deals, bright lights and holiday fun await in neighborhood business districts citywide this weekend. Kick off the festivities on Thursday, 12/5 with some late night shopping and snacking during Ladies Night Out on NE Broadway.
On Friday, watch Santa arrive by fire truck and listen to holiday carolers during Fremont Holiday Fest, light up the night with horse drawn carriage rides and a tree lighting at Multnomah Village’s Holiday Gala and see Kenton’s iconic Paul Bunyan statue get festive during Deck the Paul. Then head inside for 20% off everything at select retailers during Shop Williams Late.
Start your Saturday at Multnomah Village’s Pancake Breakfast with Santa and then get your picture with Santa or Hanukkah Harry at Montavilla’s Santa (and Harry) Saturday, dress your pooch in a cringe-worthy holiday sweater for the Mississippi Ave Ugly Sweater Dog Walk, find locally made gifts and art at Old Town Makers Fest, celebrate East Portland’s diverse winter traditions at the Gateway Winter Festival and light up the night at the Hawthorne Holiday Tree Lighting.
Hope you are still feeling festive because on Sunday you can celebrate on Foster with the Unipiper and an epic light display during Foster Winterfest. Find the full list of festivities to ‘Localize the Season’ at ventureportland.org/venture-out.
- Ladies Night Out (NE Broadway) – 5-9pm
- Fremont Holiday Fest (Beaumont) – 1:30-7:00pm
- Holiday Gala/Golden Ticket (Multnomah Village/Hillsdale) – 3:30-10pm
- Shop Williams Late (Williams District) – 5-9pm
- Deck the Paul (Kenton) – 5:30-7:30pm
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa (Multnomah Village) – 8-11am
- Santa Saturday (Montavilla/East Tabor) – 11am-2pm
- Decemberville (Sellwood Moreland) – 11am-4pm
- Ugly Sweater Dog Walk (Mississippi Ave) – 11am-5pm
- Maker Fest (Old Town) – 11am-5pm
- Gateway Winter Festival (Gateway) – 3-6pm
- Hawthorne Holiday Tree Lighting (Hawthorne) – 3-6pm
- Winterfest (Foster Area) – 1-6pm (All Ages), 6-9pm (21+)
And don’t forget, neighborhood business districts are offering a wide variety of month-long shopping deals, discounts and charitable giving opportunities to help you find the perfect present for everyone on your list including Bright Lights, Warm Hearts (Division/Clinton, through 1/1), Golden Ticket (Hillsdale and Multnomah Village, through 12/31), Foster Forward (through 12/24), Frosty Fest (Montavilla, 12/12-12/20), Williams Gives: Giving Trees (through 12/17) and Wooden Nickel (Kenton, through 1/9). For more info visit ventureportland.org.