We’re pleased to announce that Venture Portland has entered the world of podcasting! Small Business Portland will feature interviews with business district experts, small business … Keep Reading ››
Beat the Heat with Frozen Treats in Business Districts
High temperatures have arrived in Portland and we have gone from sheltering in place to sweltering in place. While many flock to the coast or a mountain lake to cool off, there are plenty of ways to beat the heat here in town. It’s also no coincidence that July happens to be National Ice Cream month. Neighborhood businesses are offering sizzling deals, cool treats and shady patios to help you make the most of the sunny weather. Here are just a few ideas to help you chill out:
- Alberta: Nana’s Ice Cream Shop is a hidden gem serving Tillamook Ice Cream right off Alberta St since 2007.
- Beaumont: Island Dream Shave Ice will be open behind The Arrangement during the weekly ‘Fresh Air on Fremont’ from 5-8pm.
- Belmont Area: Bare Bones Cafe has ice cold adult slushies you can enjoy under an umbrella on their sidewalk seating.
- Central Eastside: Scotch Lodge is serving frozen drinks on their shaded outdoor patio.
- Division/Clinton: Clinton Street Coffeehouse has summer drink specials including a pina colada protein shake, ginger-lemongrass iced tea, and frozen lemonade; Little Beast Brewing has a special Hot Break sour beer that you can enjoy in their shaded beer garden; Pinolo Gelato has a seasonal peach sorbetto.
- Foster Area: 5 & Dime has a covered patio perfect for enjoying one of their signature cocktails; Favella Brazilian Café is offering Affogato – vanilla ice cream covered in Brazilian coffee.
- Gateway: Jet Black Coffee has a variety of iced drinks including ‘Fade Into You’ – an iced organic Chinese Green Pekoe and Japanese Sencha blend topped with organic watermelon lemonade.
- Jade District: Mojo Crepes serves crepes filled with ice cream, fruit and other sweet toppings.
- Mississippi Ave: Stormbreaker Brewing has a covered patio that has been equipped with misters to keep customers cool.
- NE Broadway: Eb and Bean frozen yogurt is offering special flavors such as Triple Blueberry Chevre and Hazelnut Praline.
- Northwest District: Ruby Jewel Ice Cream is giving away an Ice Cream Sandwich Party in celebration of National Ice Cream Sandwich day.
- St. Johns: Affogato serves hand crafted ice cream covered in fair trade organic espresso; Signal Station Pizza is known for their pies, but they also serve ice cream.
- Woodstock: Cloud City Ice Cream makes small batch, handcrafted ice cream using natural and local ingredients.