Join us in celebrating Black History Month! We always look forward to BHM events like the Portland Jazz Festival, which is being held February 16-25. This … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate Pride Month with These Portland Businesses and Organizations
Time to let your rainbow flag fly, Portland! June is Pride Month, an important time to celebrate LGBTQIA+ activism, culture, and equality. Portland has a strong and vibrant LGBTQIA+ community. Portland Pride is organizing a number of events throughout the month including the return of the annual Waterfront Festival and Parade. Follow and support these local LGBTQIA+ friendly businesses and organizations that are celebrating this month and all year long.
LGBTQIA+ Serving Organizations:
- Basic Rights Oregon seeks to ensure that all LGBTQIA+ Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories.
- Q Center provides a safe space to support and celebrate LGBTQIA+ diversity, visibility, and community building.
- Pride Northwest focuses on building community and empowering all of Oregon and SW Washington’s LGBTQIA+ people.
- Oregon Pride in Business champions opportunity, development, and advocacy for the LGBTQIA+ and Allied business community.
- Northwest Gender Alliance provides support and safe gatherings for the transgender community and education services to the public.
- Greater Portland Trans Unity organizes events to build community and foster solidarity among trans, nonbinary, intersex, and two spirit people in Portland.
- PDX Latinx Pride brings the community together to share and celebrate diverse and evolving Latina, Latino, and Latinx cultures, experiences and identities by creating safe events for our queer and LGBTQIA+ family.
LGBTQIA+ Friendly Businesses:
- Beaumont: When you need a slice checkout Red Sauce Pizza, a gourmet pizza and calzone shop with distinctive toppings plus Italian starters, salads, beer, and wine.
- Belmont Area: Taqueria Los Puñales specializes in traditional guisados and aims to be vocally and transparently queer. Catch a drag or burlesque show at Crush Bar, a cool, kitschy space with food and drinks. Prism Health provides comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally affirming healthcare for everyone with the aim of addressing long-standing health disparities in the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Hawthorne: Lounge Lizard showcases an ever-changing variety of mid-century furnishings, décor, and lamps. For more vintage and antique goodies, check out Magpie Vintage. Working on a summer project? Hankins Hardware has expert advice, tools, equipment, and the products you need to get the job done.
- Lents: The Zed is hosting a 90’s Prom Pride Event on Saturday, June 11. This special event kicks off at happy hour and ends after a night of non-stop dancing to DJ Flex Luther. You won’t want to miss the crowning of prom royalty or any of the other activities and performances.
- Lloyd: Portland chef and restauranteur Jenny Nguyen is aiming to turn the stereotype of male-dominated sports bars on its head with The Sports Bra, an all-ages bar and restaurant dedicated to women’s sports.
- Mississippi Ave: For the wine lovers, check out Stem Wine Bar. Book at tasting, stop by one of their summer events, join their wine club or even learn how to Champagne saber!
- St. Johns: When you need a jumpstart visit Daydreamer Coffee, a coffee cart with heart, featuring fresh brewed coffee, espresso, tea, Italian sodas, and CBD mochas.
- Old Town: Darcelle XV & Co. is a legendary venue that has been entertaining audiences in all walks of life for over 50 years with Las Vegas-style cabaret revues of glitz, glamour, and comedy.
- Williams District: Shine Distillery and Grill offers Pacific Northwest cuisine inspired by the hand-crafted spirits they produce in-house. On June 19 they will host a Portland Pride Sunday Tea Dance Party from 4-10pm.