Oregon’s historic wildfires continue to test communities already spread thin by a year of hardships. Across Portland, neighborhood businesses made the decision to protect their … Keep Reading ››
Get Ready for Summer Fun at These Neighborhood Businesses
Summer is officially here and it’s time to step out and soak up some sun. Multnomah County has entered Phase 1 reopening and small businesses are ready to help you get stocked up for summer adventures. Many businesses have even safely expanded their operations into their street, parking lot or parking spaces thanks to PBOT’s Healthy Business Permit program. Whether you are firing up the grill for a backyard BBQ, heading to the mountains for a camping trip, or just enjoying a refreshing cocktail at a neighborhood bar or restaurant, Venture Out safely and #SupportSmallPDX.
For the Backyard Hangout:
- Division/Clinton: Start a home improvement project at Division Do it Best Hardware, open Mon-Sat, 8:30am-5pm.
- Pearl District: Pick up some plants at Pomarius Nursery, open by appointment
- St. Johns: Get your grill ready to go at St. Johns Ace Hardware, open Mon-Sun, 8am-7pm.
- Williams District: Kick your garden into high gear at Livingscape, open Tues-Sun, 10am-6pm.
For the Outdoor Adventure:
- Central Eastside: Pick up a new tent at Next Adventure, open Mon-Sun, 10am-5pm.
- Foster Area: Get ready for a hike at Foster Outdoor, open Mon-Sun, 10am-7pm.
- Gateway: Stock up on bait and tackle at Northwest Fly Fishing Outfitters, open Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm.
- Old Town: Try on some new boots at US Outdoor, open Mon-Sun, 10am-6pm.
For the Patio-Lover:
- Beaumont: Sip a cocktail with some Italian fare at Amalfi’s, open Tues-Sun, 4-10pm.
- Hawthorne: Choose from a myriad of food carts as your sip your beer at Hawthorne Asylum, hours vary.
- Mississippi Ave: Enjoy a stein of German beer at Prost, open Mon-Sun, 11am-10pm.
- Montavilla: Have a glass of wine at Vino Veritas, open Mon-Sun, 4-9:30pm.
- Overlook: Chow down on some Jamaican delights at Jamaican Homestyle Cuisine, open Thurs-Sat, 12-5pm.
- Pearl District: Visit Portland’s newest winery, Battle Creek Cellars, open Sun-Thurs, 11am-6pm, Fri-Sat, 12-8pm.