Thank You Heather Hoell for 10 Years of Service to Neighborhood Businesses In December we said goodbye and good luck to Heather Hoell, who faithfully … Keep Reading ››
Localize the Season
Seasons greetings Portland! Are you ready to shop? Neighborhood business districts are the place to be for festive fun this holiday season. Stretch your dollars with shop-local promotions, enjoy food and drink specials and marvel at epic light shows and window displays. Get your photo with Santa (Claus or Paws) and help businesses give back on Giving Tuesday and all season long. Whether you are looking for boozy after-hours shopping or family friendly tree lightings, neighborhood business districts have something for everyone on your list. If you prefer to celebrate without spending, enjoy the magic of the season at one of the 25 festive and family-friendly business district events – towering trees, twinkling lights and decorated store windows will light your way. For a complete list of events visit ventureportland.org/venture-out.
Williams Gives: Giving Trees (11/21-12/17)
- Look for Giving Trees in neighborhood businesses and donate to make the season merry and bright for children in need.
St. Johns Night on the Town (11/22-23)
- Kick off the holiday shopping season in St. Johns with a tree lighting at St. Johns plaza at 5pm on 11/22 and special offers and treats from more than 60 businesses.
Foster Forward (11/29-12/24)
- Visit any of 40+ business and spend more than $5, and get a Foster Forward Ticket that unlocks special prizes, discounts and specials at other businesses.
Kenton Wooden Nickel (11/29-1/9)
- Shop ‘Wooden Nickel’ deals and discounts at Kenton businesses and enjoy lighted trees and decorated storefronts.
Montavilla/East Tabor Holiday Window Contest (11/29-12/15)
- Vote for your favorite storefront as businesses deck the halls with dazzling window displays.
Multnomah Village/Hillsdale Golden Ticket (11/29-12/31)
- Make a purchase, get a Golden Ticket to redeem for deals or discounts at more than 50 participating shops and eateries; make another purchase, get another Golden Ticket.
Small Business Saturday (11/30)
- Celebrate the 10th Annual Small Business Saturday by shopping local (#shopSMALL).
- Small Business Saturday recently surpassed Black Friday as the biggest shopping day of the year for independent retailers.
- Enjoy specials and discounts on Mississippi Ave.
- Light up the night with a festive tree lighting in the Pearl District.
- Worked up an appetite shopping? #DineSmall at neighborhood restaurants and bars.
Division/Clinton Bright Lights, Warm Hearts (11/30-1/1)
- Enjoy lighted window displays while shopping at neighborhood businesses and supporting local charities.