The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Make Thanksgiving Magical with These Specials from Neighborhood Restaurants and Bakeries
Thanksgiving has traditionally been a time for Portlanders to show off their cooking and baking skills by creating dazzling dishes for the entire family. However, with so many amazing restaurants in town, many are opting to let someone else do the cooking. Neighborhood restaurants and bakeries are stepping up with special dishes and pre-prepared delights that will make Grandma jealous. Supplies are limited however, so order your meal or book your reservation before they are gone. Here are a few ideas:
- Alberta: Salt and Straw has released special Thanksgiving ice cream flavors including Parker House Rolls with Salted Buttercream, Caramelized Turkey and Cranberry Sauce, Roasted Peach and Sage Cornbread Stuffing, Mom’s Mango Pie, and Pumpkin and Gingersnap Pie.
- Beaumont: With pastries, coffee cakes, bread, rolls, pies, and pie crusts, Grand Central Bakery does Thanksgiving right! Pre-order from their online store November 10-18 for pick up November 19-23.
- Division/Clinton: Order one of Lauretta Jean’s famous pies online! Options include Pumpkin, Bourbon Pecan, Heirloom Apple, and more.
- Foster: To celebrate the holiday season, give the traditional Brazilian gift of panettone to your loved ones. Favela Brazilian Café is fully stocked with the classic version, plus chocolate and pistachio for those who are more adventurous.
- Gateway: For vegan Thanksgiving staples, stop by Food Fight Grocery, which carries three different brands of vegan turkey loaves: Field Roast, Tofurkey, and Vegetarian Plus.
- Hillsdale: Baker and Spice has pumpkin pie, squash galette, chocolate cream pie, and a myriad of other delights available for pre-order.
- Lents: Stop by Bella’s Italian Bakery the day before Thanksgiving and pick up sandwiches, bread, and pastries to complete your meal. They are a great resource for last-minute cravings
- Lloyd: For a memorable dessert, bring handcrafted and delectable chocolate from Creo Chocolate. Their award-winning, small-batch chocolate is perfect to savor and share.
- Midway: Head to Original Steer Meat Market for a locally grown and butchered Thanksgiving main course. From poultry to pot roast, to twice-baked potatoes, they have your meal covered!
- Mississippi Ave: ¿Por Qué No? Taqueria is currently having a “Giving of Thanks” pre-sale featuring full-scale meals (tamales, soup, sides & dessert), taco kits, sides, and margaritas.
- Montavilla: Sebastiano’s is currently taking pre-orders for their most popular items including Castelvetrano Olive Focaccia Rounds, Olive Oil Cakes, Ricotta Cake, NY-Style Pumpkin Cheesecakes, and more. Plus, 10% of all sales will be donated to local non-profit organizations.
- St. Johns: Paiku has wonderful pies for your holiday needs, but they go fast! Make sure you pre-order now!
- Williams District: Let Bread & Honey Cafe cater your holiday brunch this year! Choose from 4 different honey pie flavors, 3 different savory pot pies, and veggie quiche options.
This is a non-exhaustive list so check with your favorite neighborhood restaurant or bakery to see how they can brighten up your Thanksgiving this year. Happy holidays!