It’s time to put your money where your heart is, Portland! Small business owners citywide have teamed up to create holiday magic with dazzling lights, … Keep Reading ››
Portland Business Districts Kick Off the Holiday Season with Festive Events and Decorations
Seasons greetings, Portland! Are you ready to shop? Neighborhood business districts are the place to be for festive fun this holiday season. Stretch your dollars with Shop Local promotions on Small Business Saturday while you enjoy food and drink specials and marvel at epic light shows and window displays. Do some online shopping at local retailers on Cyber Monday or help businesses give back on Giving Tuesday. If you are looking for a festive shopping experience, Portland’s neighborhood business districts have something for everyone on your list.
- City Wide: Shop local and win prizes with Small Shops Big Hearts! Your first purchase unlocks 10% off at every other participating small business. Each purchase earns 3 raffle entries for fabulous prizes!
- Alberta: Alberta will be getting a visit from Black Santa! Visit the Alberta District on December 5 to visit Santa in a safe an COVID-friendly way. Check albertamainst.org as more details become available.
- Beaumont: Fremont Holiday Fest returns on December 3 from 4-7pm. Activities include photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, snacks, crafts, and Grant Royal Blues caroling. Visit beaumontvillagepdx.com for more info.
- Central Eastside: The Portland Night Market is a blend of food, culture, music, drinks, and retail that is an adventurous evening in the Industrial District. December 2-5.
- Foster: Celebrate Winterfest with your favorite Foster shops, restaurants, bars, and services. Do your holiday shopping and enjoy yourself while supporting your local community and collecting chances to win gift cards to your favorite businesses.
- Gateway: Follow @gatewaybusinesspdx on Instagram for the #gatewaygivesthanks. Gateway Businesses will nominate each other to share messages of thanksgiving and gratitude November 21-26.
- Hillsdale: Visit the Hillsdale Foods Cart Park on November 26 at 3:30pm and enjoy a tree lighting ceremony, music, treats, and warm drinks. Many Hillsdale businesses will also be participating in Golden Ticket and/or decorating their storefronts. Follow @hillsdalepdx for more info.
- Lents: Are you looking for some laughs this holiday season? Come check out comedy at The Zed (formerly Zoiglhaus brewing) every Monday starting at 8pm!
- Lloyd: Join Lloyd Center as they kick off the Holiday Season with their Mrs. Claus Holiday Tree Lighting Event, Saturday, November 20 beginning at 1pm at the Lloyd Center Ice Rink.
- Multnomah Village: Golden Ticket launches on November 26. Receive a Golden Ticket when you shop at local, participating businesses. The Golden Ticket can then be redeemed at a neighboring participating business to receive a discount or a gift with purchase. The district will have holiday lights on trees and buildings on SW Capitol Highway as well.
- Old Town: Find great holiday gifts at the Old Town Neighborhood Holiday Market happening on Saturdays starting 11/27 at Tuck Lung Gallery. Get more info @oldtownpdx.
- St. Johns: Light Up St. Johns will have lighted trees in the downtown corridor of the district. Don your ugliest sweater for the Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl! Look for posters at participating bars/restaurants, post to Instagram #lightupstjohns and # the business you visit with a picture of the drink special for a chance to win prizes!
- Williams District: The annual Williams Gives campaign kicks off on Giving Tuesday, November 30. Participating businesses will be giving back and donating either a percentage of their profits from the day or a set amount to local non-profit Self Enhancement Inc. More info at williamsdistrict.com.
This list is non-exhaustive so look for more events to be announced soon. Pledge to keep your hard-earned money ‘home for the holidays’ by shopping locally and supporting the neighborhood businesses that make Portland special this holiday season.