Love is in the air Portland! Neighborhood businesses show love for their communities all year long. They provide more local jobs for our neighbors and donate … Keep Reading ››
Scary-Good Weather Brings Out Ghouls, Goblins and Great Deals in Neighborhood Business Districts
This weekend, Portland’s spook-tackular Halloween celebrations officially kick off and more than a dozen family-friendly events are scheduled in neighborhood business districts city wide through October 31! Portland’s Halloween spirit is stronger than ever with a 25% increase in business district events that are expected to attract more than 10,000 costumed kids and adults. On Thursday, a thousand coustumed kids trick or treated with Paul Bunyan in Kenton. The weekend will bring more festivities including options to carve a pumpkin in St. Johns, get candy and coupons from business-sponsored cars in Parkrose, march with monsters in Sellwood, collect treats on Glisan Street in Montavilla, show off your frighteningly-fantastic costume in Multnomah Village, get into the healthy Halloween spirit in Belmont, explore a haunted house in Beaumont and collect passport stamps for a chance to win prizes in Nob Hill.
Halloween is more popular than ever with an estimated 179 million Americans planning to celebrate this year. That makes Halloween the second largest U.S. retail holiday after Christmas – with spending projected at more than $9 billion. Whatever you plan to spend, get in the Halloween spirit and Fall Into Local, Portland! You’ll find creepy costumes, devilish decorations, sweet treats and more at these family friendly events in neighborhood business districts:
- St. Johns Trick or Treat Walk (St. Johns) – Saturday, 10/28 from 1-3pm
- Trunk or Treat (Parkrose) – Sunday, 10/29 from 4-6pm
- Monster March (Sellwood) – Sunday, 10/29 from 3-4pm
- Trick or Treat on Glisan Street (Montavilla) – Tuesday, 10/31 from 3-6pm
- Halloween in Multnomah Village (Multnomah Village) – Tuesday, 10/31 from 3:30-5:30pm
- Trinkets and Treats (Belmont) – Tuesday, 10/31 from 4-6pm
- Fright Night on Fremont Street (Beaumont) – Tuesday, 10/31 from 4-8pm
- Halloween in Nob Hill (Nob Hill) – Tuesday, 10/31 from 4-7pm
For the full list of seasonal festivities visit ventureportland.org.