Thank You Heather Hoell for 10 Years of Service to Neighborhood Businesses In December we said goodbye and good luck to Heather Hoell, who faithfully … Keep Reading ››
Shop Local Deals While Supporting Local Causes on Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is here and neighborhood business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events and everything you need to make the season merry and bright.
Portland’s family of neighborhood business districts actively support neighborhood causes at twice the rate of national chains and show their gratitude to the Portlanders who keep them in business. In 2018 alone, Portland’s nonprofit neighborhood business associations donated more than $100,000 and 4,000 pounds of food to local charities city wide. Additionally, through ongoing neighborhood clean-ups, districts picked up more than 80 tons of trash from streets, sidewalks and parks. In total, neighborhood businesses collectively contributed $1 million to help keep Portland a wonderful place to live, work and play for all.
Now you can get in on giving back at your favorite neighborhood businesses while also finding the perfect gifts for everyone on your list:
- Williams Gives: Giving Tuesday (12/3) – Give back by shopping at participating Williams District businesses that are donating 10% of sales to district charities.
- NW Industrial Holiday Drive (12/4-18) – Donate to Lift Urban Portland online or at participating NW Industrial businesses.
- Beaumont Fremont Holiday Fest (12/6) – Toss a new, unwrapped toy to Engine 28 as they drive Santa and Mrs. Claus down NE Fremont plus enjoy carolers, crafts and specials at Beaumont businesses.
- Kenton’s Deck the Paul (12/6) – Donate non-perishable food and enjoy live music, kids activities and photos with Santa when we flip the switch on Paul Bunyan’s giant wreath.
- Gateway Winter Festival (12/7) – Celebrate the winter traditions of the diverse communities in East Portland at this fundraiser for IRCO.
- Sellwood Decemberville (12/7) – Participate in a toy and clothing drive for Raphael House and make your holiday merry and bright with kids activities and specials at Sellwood retailers.
- Foster Winterfest (12/8) – Donate new winter socks for the Laurelwood Center and enjoy a light show at Carts on Foster and an Ugly Sweater Contest.
- Montavilla Frosty Fest (12/12-20) – Donate gently used winter clothing to Rahab’s Sisters plus enjoy a holiday window contest, photos with Santa and Hanukkah Harry and a free screening of Elf at the Academy Theater.
- Division/Clinton Bright Lights Warm Hearts (through 1/1) – Round up your purchase at Division/Clinton businesses to support local charities while you enjoy lighted window displays.
- Kenton Wooden Nickel (through 1/9) – Make a donation or shop at participating Kenton businesses and receive Wooden Nickel Passport stickers for a chance to win gift cards.
- Williams Gives: Giving Trees (through 12/17) – Look for Giving Trees in participating Williams District businesses and donate to make the season merry and bright for children and housebound seniors in need.
Venture Portland, and neighborhood business districts, know that the business of Portland is about a lot more than just business. It’s about people, neighborhoods and culture. It’s about growing the economy to grow prosperity. Building capacity to build the city. And connecting capital, creativity and community. It’s about growing business and connecting neighborhoods and making more out of the neighborhood business districts we call home. Thank you for your continued support. This holiday season we hope you’ll take a moment to #PledgeLocalPDX, plan a visit to one of Portland’s 50 neighborhood business districts and discover why they make Portland a truly world-class city. We wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2020!
PS – Don’t forget you can always support Portland’s 50 neighborhood business districts with a contribution to Venture Portland. It’s a gift that keeps on giving all year long!