Being homebound over the last year has resulted in a lot of us trying to catch up on our reading. Bookstores hold a special place … Keep Reading ››
Show Your Love for Local with These Special Offers
Love is in the air, Portland! Neighborhood businesses show love for their communities all year long. They provide more local jobs for our neighbors and donate to local causes at more than twice the rate of national chains. Now it’s your turn. Portland was recently ranked 3rd Best City for Valentine’s Day so it is the perfect time to show some love to neighborhood businesses while you shop and dine with your special someone. Here are just a few specials being offered around the city.
- Alberta: Send a Valentine card to your special someone! Crafty Wonderland has a wide selection of cards from local artists. Sweeten up your home with the Candlelit Dessert Special from Salt and Straw, which includes a Whiff of Waffle Cone candle, two pints of your choice, plus a card to personalize your gift.
- Beaumont: Jewelry is the classic way to show your love. The Arrangement is offering 20% off jewelry all month long. If you’d rather just have a couple beers, Blind Ox Taphouse will offer a special Love Is Blind menu with Single Serving Specials, Party For Two deals, and delectable Boozy Nitro Scoops.
- Central Eastside: Shop from the best curated capsule of 50 independent designers, artists and emerging brands at the Local Love Pop-up in the Goat Blocks.
- Downtown: 1927 Smores is giving away all the essentials for a romantic candlelit snuggle sesh, complete with gooey s’mores, matching tea cups, and a comfy throw. Looking for something a little more ‘hearty’? Check out Multnomah Whiskey Library’s Valentine’s Day meal kits.
- Foster: Don’t forget your furry friends this Valentine’s Day. Multiple Foster businesses including Red Castle Games are selling fleece blankets (embroidered by Foster’s own Like Dat Apparel) for doggies as a fundraiser for Family Dogs New Life Shelter. Flowers are great but houseplants are even better! Take your pick: Glasshaus Gardens, Larkspur and Verdi Botanicals all have their own variety of plants to gift to your sweetie.
- Hillsdale: Paloma Clothing has gifts galore for your Valentine! Enjoy 20% off all earrings and scarves plus an extra 20% off their Sale Rack.
- Lents: Frame that perfect picture of you and your loved one. The pros at Portland Creative Framing can help get the job done. You can’t go wrong with something sweet. Bella’s Italian Bakery has a bit of everything to satisfy your craving.
- Lloyd: Looking for a romantic date idea? Try outdoor skating with the Rose City Rollers at the Lloyd Center.
- Mississippi Ave: Order some sweets for your sweetie online! Ruby Jewel Ice Cream is offering 30% off any online order including their Vegan Chocolate Jewel. For dinner, Stem Wine Bar will host Sibeiho Supper Club’s dine-in menu, with specially curated wine pairings by Stem’s own wine experts. You could also head over to Quaintrelle’s heated and covered tent for a 6-course Tasting Menu, paired with cocktails and wine selections for Valentine’s weekend.
- Montavilla: Wine and dine your loved one! Reserve a table on Vino Veritas heated patio and receive two desserts plus they will have live music and specials on wine and champagne.
- Multnomah Village: Learn to decorate beautiful flower cupcakes in time for Valentine’s Day! Sarah Bellums Bakery is offering an online fundraiser cupcake decorating class. For gifts, Peach Tree Gifts is stocked up for Valentine’s Day with bath bombs, puzzles, stuffies, socks, candy and classroom Valentine cards.
- Pearl District: Looking for a little seductive entertainment? Check out Big Legrowlski’s ‘Cupid’s Candy’ burlesque show. For local treats, Made Here PDX is offering 30 custom gift boxes by Portland makers featuring chocolate, tea, candles, jam and more. How about a stay-cation with your Valentine? The Inn at Northrup Station’s ‘Romantic Escape’ package includes a suite, a bottle of wine, two keepsake wine glasses, locally sourced chocolates and 15% off at nearby KIVA Spa.
- St. Johns: Chocolate is always a great Valentine’s Day gift but locally-made chocolate is better! Try Moonstruck Chocolate’s ‘Over the Moon’ Collection, with 20 individual truffles in a double-layered box. Metamorphic also has plenty of sweets and other gifts for your Valentine.
This list is non-exhaustive so be sure to check your favorite small business’ social media for their Valentine’s weekend specials. And don’t forget to spread the love! Show us how you are celebrating on Instagram and Facebook.