Being homebound over the last year has resulted in a lot of us trying to catch up on our reading. Bookstores hold a special place … Keep Reading ››
Spring/Summer Grant Application Available Now
Spring/Summer Grant Applications are now available for Venture Portland members! In response to COVID-19, we have significantly streamlined the application process to make it as easy as possible for districts to apply. This cycle will feature 2 funding opportunities:
- District Enhancement ($5,000 max)
- Staffing ($3,000 max)
Applicants are also eligible for a bonus ‘Marketing and Membership Stimulus’ of up to $600 for district marketing and membership campaigns!
I have attached the guidelines for more information. Some other changes to the grants program include:
- Reduced match (.5 to 1)
- Additional eligible in-kind (volunteer time, space)
- Fewer narrative questions
- More time to prepare your application
- The ability to submit an audio application
This round will be highly competitive. Successful applicants take advantage of Grants Office Hours including Final Draft Review (see dates below). Venture Portland staff are here to help you succeed! Don’t wait until the last minute – email us a draft and we’ll call you with feedback.
Spring/Summer Grant Timeline:
- 1/22/21 – Applications released
- 2/1-2/26 – Venture Portland staff available for grant writing assistance via telephone or Zoom (during normal operating hours)
- 3/1-3/4 – Venture Portland staff available for final draft review via telephone or Zoom (during normal operating hours)
- 3/5 – Applications due by noon (12pm)
- 3/22 – Awards announced
As, a reminder, your district must be a current Venture Portland member to apply. You can renew your membership here.