Join us in celebrating Black History Month! We always look forward to BHM events like the Portland Jazz Festival, which is being held February 16-25. This … Keep Reading ››
Stay Cool, Eat Healthy, and Get Fit at These Local Businesses
As the warm weather arrives, it is the perfect time to start being more conscious about healthy living. Portland is full of restaurants that serve fresh produce, juices, and healthy cuisine made with local ingredients. If you are the do-it-yourself type, our local Farmers Markets have a bounty of fresh fruit and veggies this time of year. There are also plenty of places around town to help you meet your fitness goals, including yoga studios, gyms, and more. If fast and fresh is your style, we’ve curated a list of some of our favorite businesses below that will help you focus on a healthy lifestyle.
- Alberta: Join a yoga session at Full Lotus PDX and then enjoy an acai bowl at Carioca Bowls. They also offer other signature dishes including Amazon Oatmeal and Rainforest Quinoa with South American-inspired toppings.
- Beaumont: The strength and conditioning workouts at Village Fit will help you to work towards greater strength, more mobility, and longevity in your fitness journey. The Refinery Fitness Studio offers personal training and group classes for strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Belmont: Canteen on SE Stark Street is a trendy cafe that dishes up organic juices and vegan eats in a snug, simple venue with patio seating.
- Foster: White Phoenix Acupuncture offers a full range of holistic health services and a sliding pay scale to serve everyone in the community.
- Gateway: Vegans rejoice! Gateway’s ‘Vegan Row’ has all the animal-free dining options you need, including Rad Magic Subs, Jet Black Coffee Company and Food Fight Grocery.
- Hawthorne: The Hawthorne area provides several health-conscious options. Kure’s Bowl of the Gods sounds like just the thing to jumpstart your day. Moberi appeared on Shark Tank and is well known for their bike blender. Their smoothies aren’t bad either! Rose + Lincoln Juicery focuses on fresh juices and smoothies.
- Lents: Lighthouse Yoga PDX believes yoga is for every body and everyone is welcome. Enjoy a rich variety of offerings at all levels, from $5 community yoga classes, to candlelight yoga, live music yoga, and more.
- Lloyd: Orange Theory is a science-backed, technology-tracked, coach-inspired workout designed to produce results from the inside out. For a fun-focused gym offering a range of classes for all abilities, modern machines, plus an on-site bar, try Lloyd Athletic Club.
- Midway: Are you currently dealing with pain or stiffness? Visit Renew Physical Therapy for reliable, personable, and wholistic physical care.
- NE Broadway: Blossoming Lotus aims to feed and nourish people with a plant-based menu featuring the highest quality ingredients available, creatively crafted and made with love. Check out their medicinal teas for a healthy boost!
- St. Johns: Industrial Strength Gym offers one-on-one personal training, group strength classes, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Williams District: If staying healthy and happy is part of your summer routine, check out North Portland Wellness Center’s soothing CBD products! And for some healthy fuel to keep you going, stop by The Celery for delicious smoothies, salads, and yummy bowls that are perfect for hot summer days.