National Hispanic Heritage Month occurs September 15-October 15, and honors the cultures, contributions, and traditions of people from Central and South American countries. In Portland, Hispanic and Latinx influences can be … Keep Reading ››
82nd Avenue is Portland’s longest continual commercial strip. Unpaved as late as 1920, the street is East Portland’s major north-south transportation corridor, running from the Clackamas County line to the Portland Airport. Now home to diverse communities and more than 2,000 businesses, 82nd Avenue continues to develop as a destination for visitors and residents alike.
Did You Know?
- Fubonn Shopping Center (2850 SE 82nd Ave) is the largest Asian shopping center in Oregon.
- Eastport Plaza (4000 SE 82nd Ave) opened in 1960 with the longest covered mall in the Pacific Northwest.
- Washman Car Wash (315 NE 82nd Ave) has cleaned more than 26 million vehicles and offers a range of wash tunnel sizes to accommodate any vehicle up to 11 feet tall.
Signature Annual Events
- 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade (April)
- Around the World in 82 Dishes (October)