The hamburger may be one of the only truly American culinary creations, which is why it is no surprise that May is National Hamburger Month. … Keep Reading ››
Once considered the 'Gateway to the Columbia Gorge', the Gateway Business District stretches from 102nd to 162nd Avenues and covers nearly 25% of East Portland. Designated an Eco District in 2009, Gateway has committed to be one of the most sustainable business districts in the city, planting more than 2,500 trees in the district (2014) and helping customers recycle with unique garbage cans in the public right of way (2015).
Did You Know?
- Northwest Fly Fishing Outfitters (10910 NE Halsey St) opened in 1993 and offers fishing rods, reels, waders plus guided trips and classes.
- Gateway Brewing was founded in 2015 by Karen and Joel Sheley, who previously worked for Widmer Brothers Brewing for 16 years.
- Curt's Ultimate Fitness and Fighting Arts (10941 NE Halsey St) is an MMA gym owned by Curtis Crawford who has trained multiple UFC champions.
Signature Annual Events
- Takin' Care of Business District Clean-up (April)
- Cruising Gateway (September)
- Gateway Winter Festival (December)