National Hispanic Heritage Month occurs September 15-October 15, and honors the cultures, contributions, and traditions of people from Central and South American countries. In Portland, Hispanic and Latinx influences can be … Keep Reading ››
Taking its name from an abbreviation of ‘Mt. Tabor Villa’, the Montavilla/East Tabor Business District stretches from NE 67th Avenue to I-205. Originally developed in the 1890's near mile post 5, located five miles outside what at the time was Portland's city center and is now the intersection of SE 78th Ave and Stark St, the district is now home to a diverse mix of businesses on SE Stark and NE Glisan Streets.
Did You Know?
- Opened in 1948, the Academy Theater (7818 SE Stark St) today shows all-ages features as weekend matinees and daily ‘after school specials.’
- Great places to grab a cup of joe in Montavilla include Bipartisan Café (7901 SE Stark St) which serves homemade pie and Fillmore Coffee (7201 NE Glisan St) which features a play area for kids.
- Pizza is plentiful in Montavilla with Stark Street Pizza (9234 SE Stark St) serving up New York style pies since 1965, East Glisan Pizza Lounge (8001 NE Glisan St) which pairs pizza with inventive cocktails and Flying Pie Pizza (7804 SE Stark St) which hand rolls their homemade dough daily.
- Monticello Antiques (8600 SE Stark St) allows shoppers to sip their favorite beverage from Monti's Cafe as they browse 20,000 square feet of treasures.
Signature Annual Events
- Street Fair (July)
- Harvest Festival (October)
- Frosty Fest (December)