While we may not agree on everything, one thing is certain – everyone loves pizza. So much so that we dedicate the entire month of … Keep Reading ››
The NW Industrial District hosted the Lewis and Clark Exposition in 1905. Today the district is one of four industrial sanctuaries in Portland and is limited to industrial uses.
Did You Know?
- Gunderson (4350 NW Front Ave), which builds and repairs railroad freight cars and marine barges, started in 1919 as Wirewheel Sales and Service.
- Brewery manufacturing facilities with tasting and dining include Hammer & Stitch Brewing Co. (2377 NW Wilson St) Great Notion Brewing (2444 NW 28th Ave) and Sasquatch Brewing Co. (2531 NW 30th Ave)
- In the 1880s the Northern Pacific Railroad built the Guild’s Lake Rail Yard. Today, the area’s rail switching facilities move freight in and out of the district.
- Many of Portland's most popular businesses have distribution centers in NW Industrial including Powells Books and Grand Central Bakery.
Signature Annual Events
- Holiday Food Drive (December)
- National Night Out, trash clean up and social event (2nd Tuesday in August)