The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
The NW Industrial District hosted the Lewis and Clark Exposition in 1905. Today the district is one of four industrial sanctuaries in Portland and is limited to industrial uses.
Did You Know?
- Gunderson (4350 NW Front Ave), which builds and repairs railroad freight cars and marine barges, started in 1919 as Wirewheel Sales and Service.
- In the 1880s the Northern Pacific Railroad built the Guild’s Lake Rail Yard. Today, the area’s rail switching facilities move freight in and out of the district.
- Many of Portland's most popular businesses have distribution centers in NW Industrial including Powells Books and Grand Central Bakery.
Signature Annual Events
- Holiday Food Drive (December)
- National Night Out, trash clean up and social event (2nd Tuesday in August)