While we may not agree on everything, one thing is certain – everyone loves pizza. So much so that we dedicate the entire month of … Keep Reading ››
The Pearl District is a destination for retail shopping, dining, art lovers, locals, tourists and those appreciative of world class urban renewal. This NW district's First Thursday Art Walk has been a monthly celebration for more than 30 years. Always a transit hub, the Pearl’s Union Station (800 NW 6th Ave), with its ‘Go by Train’ sign, was built in 1896.
Did You Know?
- Powell’s City of Books (1005 W Burnside Street), which covers a full city block, opened in 1979.
- The Brewery Blocks were restored and developed after the Blitz-Weinhard Brewery closed in 1999. The district is now home to Backwoods Brewing (231 NW 11th Ave), Von Ebert Brewing (131 NW 13th Ave), Rogue Distillery and Public House (1339 NW Flanders St) and Deschutes Public House (210 NW 11th Ave).
- Located in historic Union Station, Wilf's Restaurant and Bar (800 NW 6th Ave) has been Portland's destination for sustainable food and live jazz since 1975.
Signature Annual Events
- First Thursday
- Bunny Hop (April)
- Pints in the Pearl (June)
- Labor Day Sale (September)
- Tree Lighting (December)