This Sunday, October 1st (!!!), is National Coffee Day, but it is just business as usual for Portlanders, who have taken pride in their locally … Keep Reading ››
North Portland's Swan Island, the site of Portland’s first airport in 1927, has more than 200 businesses and 10,000 employees including Daimler Trucks North America (4747 Channel Ave), the area’s largest employer. In 2011 Keen Footwear opened its first US production facility on Swan Island, manufacturing the ‘Portland’, a steel-toed boot.
- PO Box 55651 | Portland, OR 97238
Did You Know?
- Since 1971, UPS (6707 N Basin Avenue) has sorted Portland metro area packages on Swan Island. Today it sorts up to 40,000 packages/hour.
- The Kroger/Swan Island Dairy (4950 N Basin Avenue) produces milk for all Kroger/Fred Meyer stores in the Northwest.
- Developed in 1942, Vigor Industrial (5555 N Channel Avenue) built tankers for WWII. Today, it repairs large tankers, cruise ships, and government vessels. In 2011 Vigor Industrial Shipyard hosted Portland Fashion Week.
- Since 1947 Swan Island has been the home of Diamler Trucks North American headquarters (4747 N. Channel Ave) which is currently undergoing a $150 million expansion.