It’s time to put your money where your heart is, Portland! Small business owners citywide have teamed up to create holiday magic with dazzling lights, … Keep Reading ››
Discover the Beauty of Spring at These Neighborhood Businesses
It has been another fly by month and May 1st or ‘May Day’ as it is commonly referred to, is just a few days away. May Day has different meanings, but commonly marks the return of spring. If the recent run of amazing weather with blossoms and allergies popping up in tandem is any indication, we are already in the thick of it. If you need a weekend activity, be sure to enjoy our public gardens this time of year. Travel Portland profiles many of the best places to visit. The Venture Portland team recently visited the expanded Leach Botanical Garden in SE Portland and highly recommend it. Also, with Mother’s Day coming up, be sure to show some love to mom with fresh flowers! Below are some great shops to check out.
- 42nd Ave: Portland Bloem is a charming plant and floral boutique. It is women-owned, has both indoor and outdoor plants and offers garden design and floral service for special events. You can also pick up fresh cut stems there!
- Beaumont: Amy Walling, Operator of Beaumont Florist, has 40 years of floral design experience and has done it all including winning Oregon Floral Designer of the Year. She specializes in high style and sophisticated elegance.
- Foster: Horticulture meets art at Glasshaus Gardens, a local home décor plant gift shop. Larkspur Portland aims to nurture the community through a connection to each other, to plants, and more broadly, to the natural world.
- Gateway: Family owned and operated, Nick’s Flower Shop and Party Supply has the perfect arrangement for any occasion. They also provide flower delivery throughout Portland.
- Montavilla: The Montavilla Farmers Market is a fun weekend stop for fresh cut flowers. As a bonus, you will find many other vendors during your stop. The Market is open every Sunday from 10am-2pm.
- NE Broadway: Hilary Horvath Flowers is dedicated to sourcing the most beautiful, locally grown flowers to feature in her shop. Hilary has found inspiration in the landscape of the Pacific Northwest and bounty of local growers for over a decade. Her flowers range from wild, natural arrangements to romantic, opulent bouquets.
- Pearl District: Not only does Toyouinspire Flowers have beautiful arrangements, they also strive to remove barriers to access to flowers and empower communities of color to explore their connection to Earth and wellness.
- Sellwood: The Sellwood Flower Co. is a great spot for fresh, local flowers and plants, European and garden style floral design, and unique gifts from around the world. Their mission is to be the flower design house that provides the most inspired, professional, and freshest floral designs in the Pacific Northwest.
- Soul District: Inspired by the surrounding natural world, Solabee is a full-service floral studio and carefully curated plant shop providing fresh, unique botanical treasures. They have lots of flowers and a beautiful shop!
- Stadium District: You can never go wrong with Sammy’s Flowers! They have a great selection of fresh cut and exotic flowers and specialize in wedding design, holiday décor, corporate parties, and funeral services.
- St Johns: St. John’s Flowers is described as the best place in North Portland to order flower arrangements. Friendly and affordable!