The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate Oregon Wine Month at These District Businesses
The Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier wine-growing regions in the world and is home to two-thirds of Oregon’s wineries. That is why it is no surprise that Portland is home to more than 30 wineries and countless bars and restaurants with wine lists that will impress even the most seasoned sommelier. May is Oregon Wine Month so this week we are bringing you some of our favorite spots around town to get a great glass (or bottle!) of vino.
- Beaumont: Blackbird Wine Shop is a cute neighborhood emporium offering French, Spanish, and local wines by the glass, plus gourmet cheeses and meat products.
- Central Eastside: There are numerous options for wining and dining in the Central Eastside. For a private, small group tasting and personalized experience, try Division Wine. If you are going for ambiance, Enso Winery is a charming space that is worth a visit.
- Foster: In addition to their amazing and ever-changing food menu, Street Disco also doubles as a wine bar and specializes in natural wines. Food and wine pairings make the experience all the better!
- Hollywood: Avalon Wine was founded in 1987 and quickly evolved into a retail store specializing in Oregon and Washington wines. Their award-winning website, Northwest-wine.com, features articles, interviews, columns, wine reviews, and an online store.
- Lloyd: Established in 1984, Great Wine Buys is Portland’s oldest independent wine shop. They stock over 1,500 wines from the world’s top wine regions, including more than 400 from some of the best (and rarest) wineries.
- Midway: For a great selection of bottled wine from around the world, check out the locally-owned Grocery Outlet at 122nd & Division. Their buyers make it a priority to cater a selection of high-quality wine for every price point.
- Mississippi Ave: Stem Wine Bar is celebrating Oregon Wine Month with specials and featured wines from across Oregon. The owner, Wei-En, is even available for tarot readings for those with burning questions!
- Montavilla: For live music three nights a week, visit Vino Veritas, which means “in wine there is truth.” Visitors can expect a great selection of bubbles, reds, and white wines.
- NW Industrial: Bodecker Cellars specializes in small lot, terroir-driven Pinot Noirs and is Co-owned by Athena Pappas, who studied wine-making at UC Davis and Chemeketa CC.
- St. Johns: 45th Parallel Wines is a retail bottle shop and wine bar with an emphasis on highlighting unique wines from all corners of Oregon. They primarily work with independent, sustainably-minded producers.
- Williams: Ora et Labora firmly believes that drinking wine is about more than sensory engagement. It is an intellectual, critical exploration of all that goes into a glass.