Juneteenth is a day that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States. In Oregon, lawmakers recently voted to make the day a legal … Keep Reading ››
Celebrate Pride Month with These Portland Businesses and Organizations
Time to let your rainbow flag fly Portland! June is Pride Month, an important time to celebrate LGBTQ+ activism, culture and equality. Portland has a strong and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and Portland Pride is organizing a number of events throughout the month including a virtual Portland Pride Parade. Follow and support these local LGBTQ+ friendly businesses and organizations that are keeping the celebration alive.
LGBTQ+ Serving Organizations:
- Travel Gay Portland‘s visitor center can help you discover LGBTQ+ friendly dining, cafés, bars, clubs, hotels, realtors and more.
- Basic Rights Oregon seeks to ensure that all LGBTQ+ Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories.
- Q Center provides a safe space to support and celebrate LGBTQ+ diversity, visibility and community building.
- Pride Northwest focuses on building community and empowering all of Oregon and SW Washington’s LGBTQ+ people.
- Oregon Pride in Business champions opportunity, development, and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ and Allied business community.
- Northwest Gender Alliance provides support and safe gatherings for the transgender community and education services to the public.
- Greater Portland Trans Unity organizes events to build community and foster solidarity among trans, nonbinary, intersex, and two spirit people in Portland.
- PDX Latinx Pride brings the community together to share and celebrate diverse and evolving Latina, Latino, and Latinx cultures, experiences and identities by creating safe events for our queer and LGBTQ family.
LGBTQ+ Friendly Businesses:
- 42nd Ave: For delicious comfort food check out the pop-up Avocadamama, serving vegan mac and cheese and sandwiches!
- Beaumont: When you need a slice checkout Red Sauce Pizza, a gourmet pizza and calzone shop with distinctive toppings plus Italian starters, salads, beer and wine.
- Belmont Area: Taqueria Los Puñales specializes in traditional guisados, and aims to be vocally and transparently queer. Catch a drag or burlesque show at Crush Bar, a cool, kitschy space with food and drinks. Prism Health provides comprehensive, compassionate and culturally affirming healthcare for everyone with the aim of addressing long-standing health disparities in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Division/Clinton: For a variety of massage and advanced craniosacral techniques to fit your needs, visit Kelly Nordahl, LMT, a woman and LGBTQ+ owned business.
- Hawthorne: Lounge Lizard showcases an ever-changing variety of mid-century furnishings, décor and lamps. For more vintage and antique goodies, check out Magpie Vintage. Working on a summer project? Hankins Hardware has expert advice, tools, equipment and the products you need to get the job done.
- Mississippi Ave: For the wine lovers, check out Stem Wine Bar. Book at tasting, stop by one of their summer events, join their wine club or even learn how to Champagne saber!
- Soul District: Visit Local Lounge, which has been named the best LGBTQ+ bar in NE Portland. They strive to foster an inclusive atmosphere and host monthly events, including live music.
- St. Johns: When you need a jumpstart visit Daydreamer Coffee, a coffee cart with heart, featuring fresh brewed coffee, espresso, tea, Italian sodas, and CBD mochas.
- Old Town: Darcelle XV & Co. is a legendary venue that has been entertaining audiences in all walks of life for over 50 years with Las Vegas-style cabaret revues of glitz, glamour and comedy.
- Williams District: Sloan’s Tavern is a bar and restaurant with a semi-truck built into the wall, an animated jukebox and sports on TV. Shine Distillery and Grill offers Pacific Northwest cuisine inspired by the hand-crafted spirits they produce in-house.