It is an exciting year when February brings us one additional day to support local businesses in Portland! This article from Here Is Oregon makes … Keep Reading ››
Don’t Get Left in the Cold — Winterize with These Neighborhood Businesses
We thought the winter weather was blowing in this weekend but last night it officially began! Are you ready for the next couple months of chilly temps, ice, and even snow? Don’t get caught unprepared. Make sure your family, home, and automobile are equipped to handle the elements. Luckily, there are plenty of small businesses that can help you stay safe and dry this winter season. Here are just a few:
- 82nd Ave: Cold weather can wreak havoc on an old car battery. Trade in that old battery for a new one at Batteries Plus and drive with peace of mind.
- Beaumont: Are you ready for snow and ice? Beaumont Hardware has de-icer, snow shovels, and everything else you need to keep your sidewalk and driveway clear. A roaring fire can be a great way to stay cozy during cold weather. But a dirty chimney can be dangerous. American Chimney and Masonry can inspect and clean your chimney to ensure a safe winter. Need some home repairs done to keep out wind and rain? Roloff Construction has 30 years of home remodeling experience.
- Central Eastside: Routine auto maintenance is the key to making sure you don’t get stranded in the cold. Green Drop Garage offers an unlimited maintenance plan for only $17 per month.
- Foster: Be prepared for winter weather on the mountain and in your neighborhood with all the necessary outdoor gear you need from Foster Outdoor. Not only do they have all the gear you need for winter activities—skis, snowshoes, snowboards, etc.—their selection of new and used clothing includes cozy sweaters, winter jackets, socks, gloves, and beanies.
- Greater Brooklyn: Get your furnace serviced by Jacob’s Heating and Air Conditioning. They specialize in furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners, and installation of wood, pellet, and gas stoves, fireplaces, and inserts.
- Historic Parkrose: Parkrose Hardware is known city-wide as one of the best hardware stores due to its wide array of items that go beyond your average shop. They have a pretty great houseplant selection, too, to bring the green inside when it is grey outside.
- Hollywood: Stock up on groceries and goodies from Grocery Outlet and enjoy some time cooking this weekend with your loved ones.
- Lents: While some hunker down in extreme winter conditions, others like to adventure. Sargents Motorsports can help you take that sense of adventure to the max with their inventory of ATVs, Utility Vehicles, and more. Get into a fender bender due to icy weather? Go to Lents Body Shop and your car will be right as rain in no time.
- Lloyd / NE Broadway: From large and wide snow shovels to hand snow plows, Broadway Ace Hardware has the right snow equipment for the job. Check out their entire selection of winter products, including a variety of pet and vegetation-friendly ice melt products, as well as snow blowers for heavy-duty snow removal.
- Midway: Prepare your home for winter by making sure your roof is Portland weather-proof. Tony’s Roofing and Certified Roofing Services are two great customer-recommended companies that service all over Portland.
- Montavilla: Are you looking for plywood, lumber, tools, and everything else you need to get started on your construction project? Look no further than Mr. Plywood!
- St. Johns: Don’t get caught without hot water! Crouchley Plumbing has been providing plumbing services, including water heater repair, for more than 100 years. RōM Shoes is a one-stop shop for all of your cold weather gear including Cotopaxi outerwear, winter boots, and Rumpl blankets.
- Stadium District: Looking for a better way to transport those skis to the mountain? Rack Attack has Portland’s largest selection of ski and snowboard racks, bike racks, kayak racks, and more.