The holiday season is upon us and business districts all around Portland have been buzzing with cheer! How are you supporting local businesses this season? Shop … Keep Reading ››
Don’t Miss These Spectacular End-of-Summer Events
Summer is winding down but there are still plenty of great events happening citywide. Venture out and enjoy classic street fairs in Hawthorne and Multnomah Village, celebrations of arts and culture in Lents and on Alberta Street and explore brand new ways to support your favorite neighborhood business districts like the St. Johns Fall Fling and Montavilla Thursday Markets. Here’s just a few of the great activities coming up:
- Alberta: Last Thursday is a monthly art event on Alberta Street with live music, performances, art openings, and more. Catch the last one of the season on August 25.
- Belmont: The Belmont Street Fair, held annually on the 2nd Saturday of September, is one of the largest-attended street fairs in Portland. With food and retail vendors of all kinds, show-stopping performances, and activities for all ages, this event has something for everyone.
- Central Eastside: On September 9 and 10, the Portland Night Market will blend food, culture, music, drinks, and retail together for an adventurous evening in the Industrial District.
- Gateway: On Sunday, August 21, Sunday Parkways kicks off its east side ride at Gateway Discovery Park and the Gateway Area Business Association is doing a giveaway on Instagram to celebrate! 2 lucky people will win a $25 gift certificate to Outer Rim Bike shop, located right next to the park.
- Hawthorne: Hawthorne Boulevard is one of Portland’s favorite streets, and home to the city’s longest-running street fair! The Hawthorne Street Fair pulls out all the stops on August 28 with multiple music stages, two beer gardens, and blocks of sidewalk sales at many local shops.
- Lents: Enjoy live music, dance showcases, a scavenger hunt for raffle prizes, and more at the Lents Cultural Fair on September 4. The first 100 attendees will get a $5 token to spend at the Lents Farmers Market.
- Lloyd: Shoot the breeze with your friends while shooting for par at Glendoveer Golf Course during the LCA 22nd Annual Golf Tournament on September 23.
- Midway: The Festival of Nations is back on September 17 and will celebrate and embrace the diversity of the Midway District while showcasing the best of East Portland’s multicultural community and businesses.
- Montavilla: Every Thursday through September, check out Montavilla Farmer’s Market’s “bite-sized” Thursday Evening Markets at Montavilla Plaza, featuring fresh produce, live music, and a beer garden.
- Multnomah Village: Multnomah Days is a one-day, open-air, family-friendly street festival on August 20 with musical acts, street entertainers, art, and 100+ vendor booths, plus food carts!
- Sellwood: Last Thursday in Sellwood is a family-friendly event featuring shopping, dining, live music, art, and kids’ activities happening through October.
- St. Johns: Welcome autumn at the Fall Fling on September 24, a district-wide shopping event with sales and specials at St. Johns retailers, plus live music at St. Johns Plaza. At the same time, the annual St. Johns Bites will take place September 20-October 20 with chances to win gift cards from local restaurants. Follow @stjohnsboosters for more info.
This list is non-exhaustive. Don’t forget to check out Here For Portland’s Events Calendar regularly to get the latest info about events happening city wide. See you on the street!