Giving Tuesday is here and business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events, and everything … Keep Reading ››
Find Great Mother’s Day Bouquets at These Neighborhood Businesses
They say that “April showers bring May flowers,” which is perfect timing because Mother’s Day is coming up on May 8 and a beautiful bouquet is a wonderful gift. Here are a few options around town for Mother’s Day flower arrangements and other gift ideas for Mom. Just don’t wait until the last minute!
- Beaumont: Amy Walling, operator of Beaumont Florist, has 40 years of floral design experience and has done it all, including winning Oregon Floral Designer of the Year. She specializes in high-style and sophisticated elegance.
- Foster: Kern Park Flower Shoppe is a full-service neighborhood flower shop that has been family-owned and operated for more than 100 years.
- Gateway: Portland Florist Shop has been Gateway’s premier florist since 1957. They also have a wonderful coffee shop/cafe in the same building.
- Hawthorne: Starflower is a flower and plant shop that offers daily flower and plant delivery in the Portland metropolitan and surrounding areas.
- Lents: Bring your mother, grandmother, or children to The Zed for a Mother’s Day portrait by professional photographer Sam Gehrke. Free digital photographs will be available for download by Saturday, May 7-just in time for Mother’s Day!
- Lloyd: Since 1928, Broadway Floral has been committed to providing unsurpassed service, the freshest of flowers, and innovative designs to their customers.
- Midway: VIP Florist is still taking orders for Mother’s Day. They are a full-service florist who would be delighted to put together what you need to acknowledge Mom on that special day.
- Montavilla: The Montavilla Farmers Market is a fun weekend stop for fresh cut flowers. As a bonus, you will find many other vendors during your stop. The Market is open every Sunday from 10am-2pm.
- Sellwood: The Sellwood Flower Co. is a great spot for local flowers and plants, European and garden-style floral design, and unique gifts from around the world. Their mission is to be the flower design house that provides the most inspired, professional, and freshest floral designs in the Pacific Northwest.
- Soul District: Inspired by the surrounding natural world, Solabee is a full-service floral studio and carefully curated plant shop providing fresh, unique botanical treasures. They have a great selection and a beautiful shop!
- Stadium District: You can never go wrong with Sammy’s Flowers! They have a great selection of fresh-cut and exotic flowers and specialize in wedding design, holiday décor, corporate parties, and funeral services.
- St. Johns: St. John’s Flowers is described as the best place in North Portland to order flower arrangements. They are friendly and affordable!
- Williams District: Kazka Flowers is a European-style flower boutique that is one-of-a-kind. Stop in to see some of their incredible arrangements.