August is National Black Business Month, a time that highlights the importance of Black-owned businesses to our communities as well as our national economy. There … Keep Reading ››
Make your July 4th Spectacular with These Local Businesses
This 4th of July weekend, we are grateful to be able to gather with friends and family, fire up the grill, and enjoy great food, drinks, and sunshine. While personal fireworks may be off the table, there are still plenty of other ways to celebrate this year. If you are looking for fun events happening here in town, browse this list from Travel Portland. We have also included a few local businesses below that can help make your backyard BBQ or your summer camping trip spectacular. Happy 4th!
- Beaumont: Beaumont Hardware is your friendly neighborhood hardware store and frequently gives back to the community. You can count on them for anything you need, including grilling supplies for your backyard BBQ.
- Central Eastside: A landmark Portland business for more than 20 years, Next Adventure has all the equipment you need for a weekend of outdoor recreation, plus up to 60% off through July 7. If you are planning on grilling, make a stop by Sheridan Fruit Company, they have an extensive selection of house-made sausages.
- Foster: Are you heading into the woods this weekend? Foster Outdoor sells a variety of outdoor gear, clothing, paddle boards, and more.
- Gateway: Furniture Plus is a locally-owned home decor store and they are having a store-wide sale for the 4th of July weekend. Everything is 10% off!
- Lents: Enjoy America’s favorite pastime on July 4th weekend. The Portland Pickles have a whole lineup of fun for the whole family with different theme nights for their games on July 1-4.
- Midway: Longtime butcher shop, The Original Steer offers steaks, chops, roasts, poultry, and pork, plus marinades and seasonings.
- Northwest District: Phil’s Meat Market is Portland’s neighborhood market for premium meats and fresh seafood. Their antibiotic and hormone-free meats, fish and poultry are cut to order right at the counter.
- Pearl District: If July 4th camping is your style, US Outdoor has top-brand gear and clothing for camping, climbing, cycling, fitness, hiking, paddling, and more.
- Soul District: For meat products that are locally sourced – beef from Oregon Natural Meat, pork from Carlton Farms, chicken from Draper Valley – raised without added hormones, chemicals or additives, be sure to stop by Cason’s Fine Meats.
- St. Johns: RoM Shoes has a variety of apparel to keep you geared up for outdoor weekend activities and they are running a summer sale from June 29-July 4.
- Williams District: Want to dress up a little for that special party or backyard BBQ? Workshop Vintage just had some new arrivals that would be perfect for the occasion. If you need something to keep the family entertained during the long weekend, head to Spielwerk Toys for some truly unique fun.