July is National Ice Cream Month and with warm weather and sunshine in the forecast, it is the perfect way to stay cool this summer. … Keep Reading ››
Get Great Gift Ideas with Our Shop Local Holiday Guide
Season’s Greetings, Portland! Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? Have you started? No worries, we have you covered! Business districts in Portland are full of local retailers that can help you find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list. Shop online or in-store and get the friendly advice and expertise of Portland’s passionate small business owners. Wondering where to start? Here are a few businesses that are stocked up and ready to help you make this holiday magical.
- Beaumont: Don’t forget the greeting cards! The Arrangement has one of the best selections in the City along with home décor, clothing, and jewelry. Nearby, Breeze and Branch has home goods from local makers and artists, quality furniture, and sustainable gifts. Give the gift of art! Artistic Portland Gallery is a co-op of 20+ artists who sell fine art and handcrafted goods.
- Belmont: For the cook in your life, nothing beats a good kitchen knife. Check out the selection at Knife House.
- Central Eastside: Along the train tracks you will find one of the most Instagrammable stores in all of Portland–Cargo. This colorful marketplace sells offbeat and unique goods sourced from around the world. For the outdoor enthusiast, Next Adventure has new and used gear and apparel for year-round outdoor activities.
- Foster: Manifest Mercantile has plenty of art, jewelry, and other curated goods for everyone on your list. Right next door, Glasshaus Gardens sells house plants, pottery, and other plant-based gifts. For a fun selection of clothing and housewares made by local artists, stop into Higher Self.
- Gateway: Gateway businesses are counting down the days to 2022 with the Holiday Countdown. Make 3 purchases at any participating business and be entered to win a “Gateway Gift Bundle.”
- Hawthorne: If you are shopping for someone who is difficult to buy for, Hawthorne Boulevard is brimming with unique gifts. Presents of Mind is a boutique featuring stationery, accessories, baby items, apparel, and gifts from local designers. Asylum sells both new and vintage gifts, furniture, and lighting. Memento has locally made bags, purses, jewelry, artwork, clothing, candles, and cards.
- Lents: The Lents Holiday Market is a two-day immersive neighborhood experience on 12/18 and 12/19 filled with local vendor shopping, DIY gift wrapping, live music, and food and beverage specials.
- Lloyd: For the handyperson in your life, Ace Hardware has an assortment of tools, grilling supplies, and gardening gear.
- Midway: Whether you are looking for quality CBD products or apparel and sneakers, Tinc N Juice has you covered. A Bead Source carries gemstone beads, freshwater pearls, Japanese seed beads, Native American regalia supplies, and more.
- Pearl District: Looking for something quintessentially local? Made Here has high-quality and design-savvy goods made in Portland and the Pacific Northwest. Porch Light has old and new furniture, jewelry, curios, and other decor items plus apothecary goods.
- St. Johns: Check out one of the holiday markets in St. Johns! Pop-ups are happening at Salty Teacup, Two Rivers Books, 7401 N Burlington Ave, and Metamorphic.
- Williams District: Blackthorn Mercantile is hosting the first-ever Williams Avenue Holiday Market on 12/18 and 12/19 at the Canyons Apartments on N Williams. Down the street is Reclamation, which features plants, gifts, and terrariums, as well as their own handmade line of goods. For the kids, visit Spielwerk Toys, a toy store dedicated to sourcing hard-to-find, quality, traditional toys from Europe and beyond.
This list is non-exhaustive so if you are looking for more ideas check out My People’s Market and the Mercatus Holiday Gift Guide. With so many great options at neighborhood businesses, there’s a perfect gift out there for everyone.