This Sunday, October 1st (!!!), is National Coffee Day, but it is just business as usual for Portlanders, who have taken pride in their locally … Keep Reading ››
Go Back to School in Style with the Help of These Local Businesses
September is approaching and that means students of all ages are preparing to return to school. A successful student requires a slew of supplies–pens, pencils, notebooks, and backpacks, just to name a few. And who doesn’t want to look sharp on their first day? Many young scholars will want to refresh their wardrobes. Older students heading to the dorms will need plenty of home goods to adjust to life on their own. No matter what the age of your student, make sure you shop local as you prepare them to take on the world. Need some inspiration? Check out these local businesses:
- Alberta: Collage is a great place to find school supplies, plus you can enter to win a $50 gift card just by making something with products from their store!
- Beaumont: A space for gathering, conversation, and authentic connection, Sunrise Books carries books for children of all ages. They also host regular storytime events and other gatherings.
- Foster: With the kiddos going back to school, it’s time to load up on glue sticks, pens, pencils, notebooks, and drawing pads. I’ve Been Framed’s Art Supply Center has all this and more as you prepare for the new school year.
- Greater Brooklyn: Artist & Craftsman Supply has a 30% off sale going on now through September 30th on paints, brushes, pastels, and other overstock items.
- Hollywood: Refresh your student’s wardrobe without breaking the bank at Just 4 Kids! They carry a variety of gently used children’s apparel, furniture, toys, and accessories.
- Midway: Foot Print Designs offers custom screen printing and vinyl designs for all occasions. From little league jerseys to drama club t-shirts, they’re a one-stop shop for all your back-to-school swag.
- Mississippi Ave: Go back to school in style with the help of Black Wagon. They carry brands with ethical and environmentally responsible practices while also setting the latest trends for children’s fashion and baby accessories.
- Montavilla: Beanstalk Children’s Resale has all the back-to-school essentials, from gently-used clothes and shoes to new and used backpacks and lunch boxes.
- Multnomah Village: Thinker Toys just got in some very cute lunch boxes and reusable snack bags. Plus, check out their selection of bento boxes and stainless steel water bottles as well.
- NE Broadway: Going off to college? Kitchen Kaboodle is the perfect place to outfit your dorm or apartment with cooking gear, linens, plates, furniture, and small appliances.
- Soul District: A Children’s Place is Portland’s oldest independent children’s bookstore. Celebrating over thirty years of “raising readers,” they offer a wide selection of children’s books for readers from newborns to young adults.
- St. Johns: For the student musician in your life, head to 3 Tracks Music. They sell an array of guitars, amps, effects, and repairs for both beginners and experienced players.