The Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier wine-growing regions in the world and is home to two-thirds of Oregon’s wineries. That is … Keep Reading ››
Make a New Year’s Resolution to Support Local Businesses
Happy 2022, Portland! With another tough year finally behind us, many people are making resolutions to start the new year off on a positive note. Whether you plan to eat healthy, exercise or read more, there’s one resolution you will definitely want to keep – support local businesses! Portland’s neighborhood business districts are open and ready to help you meet your goals and live better in 2022. Here are a few ideas:
- Beaumont: Get some fresh air and exercise. Village Fit and The Refinery both host multiple outdoor workouts every day of the week. Try a juice cleanse with Happy Day Juice Co, which offers local delivery of cold-pressed juice, as well as an assortment of locally crafted goods.
- Central Eastside: Fix up that old bike. River City Bicycles has a full service department plus sales, espresso and an indoor test track.
- Foster: Practice self care. For those of you ready for some rejuvenating treatment in the new year, White Phoenix Acupuncture offers holistic healing at sliding scale rates.
- Gateway: Take up a new hobby. Get outfitted for a fly fishing experience at Northwest Fly Fishing Outfitters or get ready to hit the links at ParWest Golf Shop.
- Historic Parkrose: Start a new home improvement project. Parkrose Hardware has everything you need to beautify your home and garden in the new year.
- Lents: Focus on self-care. Explore the offerings at the brand new Lighthouse Yoga Studio.
- Midway: Join a gym. Crunch Fitness features flexible membership options to meet any budget and offers an array of facilities and services to help you meet your goals.
- Multnomah Village: Read more. Annie Blooms Books is offering in-store shopping, local delivery, and shipping. Learn a new skill. Northwest Wools has everything you need to start knitting, crocheting, spinning, and felting with natural fibers and yarns.
- Pearl District: Expose yourself to art. Portland Center Stage at the Armory has multiple upcoming offerings including The Great Leap, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Gem of the Ocean.
- St. Johns: Take up a new hobby. Cathedral Park Performing Arts Collective, Vibe and St. Johns Clay Collective host workshops on everything from ukulele, pottery, improv and more. Keep your mind and body healthy with yoga. Check out the offerings at Hot Home Yoga and Shanti Om Yoga.
- Stadium District: Reduce, reuse and recycle. Scrap is a nonprofit that encourages creative reuse and sustainability by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community.
- Williams District: Eat healthier. Visit Crisp and create your own salad combinations from their delicious ingredients or choose one of their favorites off the menu. Poa Cafe is the ultimate neighborhood wellness café serving smoothies, bowls, and even cocktails to go.
This list is non-exhaustive so there are plenty more local businesses that can help you stick to your resolutions in 2022. What is your new year’s resolution? Show us on Instagram and Facebook.