While we may not agree on everything, one thing is certain – everyone loves pizza. So much so that we dedicate the entire month of … Keep Reading ››
Portland Business Districts Show Off with Summer Events and Activities
Summer is in full swing and Portland is open for business which means there are lots of fun events to explore in business districts in the coming month. You’ll discover classic street fairs in Hawthorne and Multomah Village, celebrations of arts and culture in the Pearl District and on Alberta Street and brand new ways to support your favorite neighborhood business districts like the Foster Come Back Tour and Parkrose Marketplace. Here’s just a few of the great activities coming up:
- Alberta: Last Thursday is a monthly art happening on Alberta Street with live music, performances, art openings and more. Every Last Thursday of the month, including July 29 and August 26.
- Beaumont: The Fremont Fest Marketplace will take place on August 21 will feature a sidewalk sale, vendors, kid’s zone and beer garden at Hi Top Tavern.
- Belmont: The Belmont Street Fair, held annually on the 2nd Saturday of September, is one of the largest-attended street fairs in Portland. With food and retail vendors of all kinds, show-stopping performances, and activities for all ages, the Belmont Street Fair is fun for everyone.
- Foster: Check out the Foster Come Back Tour now through August 9. Make a purchase at a participating business, post picture on social media with #fostercomebacktour and @fosterareapdx, and earn a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- Hawthorne: One of Portland’s favorite streets — and its longest-running street fair — the Hawthorne Street Fair pulls out all the stops on August 22 with multiple music stages, two beer gardens and blocks of sidewalk sales at many of the more than one hundred local shops that line this original “shop local” stretch.
- Multnomah Village: Multnomah Days in the Village is a one-day open-air, family-friendly street festival on August 21 with scheduled main stage musical acts, street entertainers, art and 100+ vendor booths as well as food and beverage services available via outdoor street dining and food carts.
- Northwest District: The Slabtown Outdoor Market is an outdoor event series featuring local artists, businesses, makers, and more. Check out upcoming markets on August 8 and September 12.
- NW Industrial: NW Industrial’s National Night Out and Solve Clean-up is on August 3 and will be an evening of neighborhood camaraderie and neighborhood cleanup! Volunteer for trash and graffiti removal and then enjoy food and drink afterward at Hammer and Stitch Brewing Co.
- Old Town: My People’s Market is back and will offer an immersive, in-person marketplace featuring 75+ BIPOC vendors each day, cultural performances, musicians, food, and beverages. The three-day event, will take place August 6-8 between NW Davis and Flanders in the North Park Blocks.
- Pearl District: Art in the Pearl will happen on September 4-6 and will fill the Northwest Portland Park blocks with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Parkrose: Parkrose Marketplace is Portland’s coolest new outdoor market with live music, great food, a beverage garden put on by Catman Cellars winery and Level Beer Brewery, local-indigenous-global arts and crafts, clothing, jewelry and handcrafted treasures of all kinds. August 21 and 22.
- St. Johns: Check out the first-ever St. Johns Comedy Festival! Venture out to St. Johns on Aug 20 and 21 to celebrate laughter and community. Produced by Susan Rice and Tory Ward along with nonprofit partner Curious Comedy Theater.