Giving Tuesday is here and business districts are filled with the spirit of kindness and generosity – as well as holiday decorations, festive events, and everything … Keep Reading ››
Portland’s Business Districts Return with Summer Events
Summer’s sun-filled days mean lots of great reasons to venture out and explore neighborhood business districts across the City. Whether you are looking to browse boutiques during a street fair, discover amazing local artists during an art walk, enjoy live music, or show off your pageant-worthy pet, there’s plenty going on now through September. Here’s just a few of the fun activities to put on your calendar:
- Alberta: Last Thursday is a monthly art event on Alberta Street with live music, performances, art openings, and more. It will happen on the last Thursday of June, July, and August.
- Beaumont: The Fremont Fest Marketplace will take place on August 6 and will feature a sidewalk sale, vendors, kids zone, and beer garden.
- Belmont: The Belmont Street Fair, held annually on the 2nd Saturday of September, is one of the largest-attended street fairs in Portland. With food and retail vendors of all kinds, show-stopping performances, and activities for all ages, the Belmont Street Fair is fun for everyone.
- Central Eastside: On September 9 and 10, the Portland Night Market will blend food, culture, music, drinks, and retail together for an adventurous evening in the Industrial District.
- Gateway: On August 13 from 10am-12pm, bring your pet to Pets on Parade at Gateway Discovery Park! There will be a pet costume contest, local vendors, and fun activities for everyone. Follow @gatewaybusinesspdx for more info.
- Hawthorne: Hawthorne Boulevard is one of Portland’s favorite streets, and home to the City’s longest-running street fair! The Hawthorne Street Fair pulls out all the stops on August 28 with multiple music stages, two beer gardens, and blocks of sidewalk sales at many local shops.
- Lloyd: Enjoy shooting the breeze with your friends while shooting for par at Glendoveer Golf Course during the LCA 22nd Annual Golf Tournament on September 23.
- Montavilla: Every Thursday now through September, check out Montavilla Farmer’s Market’s “bite-sized” Thursday Evening Markets at Montavilla Plaza. On July 31, stroll down Stark Street and enjoy district businesses, vendors, a farmer’s market, and family-friendly entertainment and activities at the Montavilla Street Fair.
- Multnomah Village: Multnomah Days is a one-day open-air, family-friendly street festival on August 20 with musical acts, street entertainers, art, and 100+ vendor booths, plus food carts!
- Old Town: If you’ve got a passion for footwear, Sneaker Week (August 4-10) is an event that will connect you to the right people and opportunities in the industry.
- Sellwood: Last Thursday in Sellwood is a family-friendly event featuring shopping, dining, live music, art, and kids’ activities happening May through October.
- St. Johns: Join us at the Cathedral Park Jazz Festival for our first-ever Member Meetup! This landmark jazz festival will be held on July 15 to 17 and will feature some of the best local and national acts. On July 23, the St. Johns Art Walk will showcase all the creative makers and fine artists that belong to this unique community.
This list is non-exhaustive. Don’t forget to check out Here For Portland’s Events Calendar regularly to get the latest info about events happening city wide. See you on the street!