This Sunday, October 1st (!!!), is National Coffee Day, but it is just business as usual for Portlanders, who have taken pride in their locally … Keep Reading ››
Practice Self-Care at These Local Businesses During Wellness Month
As we continue to face unprecedented challenges and change, it is only natural to feel stressed and anxious. That is why it is more important than ever to practice self-care. August is Wellness Month, a nationally recognized month dedicated to self-care, creating healthy routines, and managing stress. Research has shown self-care helps manage stress and promotes happiness. Portland has a myriad of Health and Wellness businesses to help you #choosewellness this August. Here are a few:
- Beaumont: Bosk sells wellness products for your mind, body, and home. Check out their selection of plants, records, gifts, workshops, massage, and skincare products.
- Belmont Area: For acupuncture, hydrobotanical therapy, and infrared sauna thermal care, try Pathfinder Wellness Clinic.
- Foster: White Phoenix Acupuncture specializes in Japanese-style acupuncture and offers sliding scale payments for services and herbal consultations. Voted as one of Portland’s ‘Top Complementary Medicine Providers’ by Portland Monthly Magazine, mabodywork specializes in a variety of bodywork offerings.
- Gateway: Women’s Healthcare Associates can help you throughout your life with contraception and family planning, pregnancy and childbirth, gynecology and wellness care, and the transition to menopause.
- Hawthorne: Get healthier without breaking the bank. The People’s Yoga is a low-cost community yoga studio with highly experienced practitioners and diverse teaching styles.
- Lents: Embrace oral hygiene with a visit to Atlas Dental. Dr. Hieu Pham (who you might catch breakdancing in the office), is quite the neighborhood favorite. He goes to great lengths to put his patients first and soothe their anxiety with perks like massage chairs.
- Lloyd: Lloyd Athletic Club has been voted ‘Best Gym in Portland’ 4 years in a row! Friendly and inclusive, LAC offers personal training, free weights, machines, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, court sports, and more.
- Midway: Renew Physical Therapy features hands-on, collaborative methods for pain relief. They find the root cause of pain and help you strengthen your body so you can get back to work, the outdoors, and all the activities you love.
- Multnomah Village: Whitestone Wellness specializes in massage therapy and sports injury wellness.
- St. Johns: Vibrant Skin Solutions excels at providing custom aesthetic medicine services including Jeuveau for fine lines and wrinkles, dermal fillers for lip hydration, and microneedling facials.
- Stadium District: Take care of your mental health with help from Sanctum Counseling and Wellness, specializing in psychotherapy with a social justice orientation.
- Williams District: Treat yourself to a summer unwind at Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa, which is currently offering great savings on spa packages. North Portland Wellness Center, a district favorite and winner of Willamette Week’s Best of Portland, is currently having a sale on supplements. Visit them and stock up on allergy and immune support and book an appointment at the same time.