It’s time to put your money where your heart is, Portland! Small business owners citywide have teamed up to create holiday magic with dazzling lights, … Keep Reading ››
Practice Self-Care at These Local Businesses During Wellness Month
As we continue to face unprecedented challenges and change, it is only natural to feel stressed and anxious. That is why it is more important than ever to practice self-care. August is Wellness Month, a nationally recognized month dedicated to self-care, creating healthy routines, and managing stress. Research has shown self-care helps manage stress and promotes happiness. Portland has a myriad of Health and Wellness businesses to help you #choosewellness this August. Here are a few:
- Beaumont: Check out Wild Hearts Wellness for holistic health services, movement classes, and wellness workshops to support your well-being.
- Belmont Area: For acupuncture, hydrobotanical therapy and infrared sauna thermal care try
Pathfinder Wellness Clinic.
- Central Eastside: Voted Best Massage in Portland in 2018, Open Hand Care is trauma-informed, whole person health focused, body-positive, and gender affirming.
- Division/Clinton: Cadence Natural Health offers naturopathic primary care, womxn’s health, and compassionate care for all. Have you had your hearing checked recently? Mt. Hood Hearing has an extensive line of proven products that are on the cutting edge of hearing technology. Fall is a great time for a new set of frames. Portland Eye Care has unique eyeglasses from independent designers, contact lenses, and medical eye care.
- Foster: White Phoenix Acupuncture specializes in Japanese-style acupuncture and offers sliding scale payments for services and herbal consultations.
- Gateway: Since 1963, SportsCare Physical Therapy has offered comprehensive outpatient physical therapy services to the greater Portland area.
- Hawthorne: Get healthier without breaking the bank. The People’s Yoga is a low-cost community yoga studio with highly experienced practitioners and diverse teaching styles.
- Lents: Atlas Dental offers weekend teeth care service in a modern environment for those who may be too busy during the week, so stop by and keep your smile shining. Take a holistic approach to healing pain with the acupuncture offerings at Wellness At The Center, which also incorporates Chinese Herbal Medicine in their practices.
- Lloyd: Get a check-up at Greenfield Health, which specializes in innovative, comprehensive and proactive care. Women’s Healthcare Associates offers onsite ultrasound, mammography, bone density scanning, and behavioral health services.
- Midway: If you are dealing with pain or mobility issues, Renew Physical Therapy provides hands-on, pain-free treatments focused on the root cause of each patient’s symptoms.
- Multnomah Village: Whitestone Wellness specializes in massage therapy and sports injury wellness.
- St. Johns: A one-stop-shop for wellness, breathe. offers massage therapy, beauty treatments, microdermabrasion, waxing, sunless tanning, and an array of classes. Take a yoga class from the comfort of your home at Home Hot Yoga, a family-owned and operated online yoga school offering classes in the Bikram method of hatha yoga.
- Stadium District: Take care of your mental health with help from Sanctum Counseling and Wellness, specializing in psychotherapy with a social justice orientation.